How should I leave UPS

Chewster

How should I leave ups in the most respectful way as a package handler.
should I put in my 2 weeks. (if possible with UPS)
Call HR and let them know, I will no longer be working with them.
Or just don't show up anymore?

By The Book

How should I leave ups in the most respectful way as a package handler.
should I put in my 2 weeks. (if possible with UPS)
Call HR and let them know, I will no longer be working with them.
Or just don't show up anymore?
Give them 2 weeks if you can, and work those 2 weeks. If time allows you to do this of course. You'll be respected this way and you'll feel good about how you handled the situation.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I'd tell them about your wishes to leave. 2 weeks' notice is the customary and proper thing to do. Some employers (where my wife works is an example) doesn't want employees who are going to leave to hang around for fear of sabotage or possible theft of proprietary information. They walk you to the door immediately.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'd tell them about your wishes to leave. 2 weeks' notice is the customary and proper thing to do. Some employers (where my wife works is an example) doesn't want employees who are going to leave to hang around for fear of sabotage or possible theft of proprietary information. They walk you to the door immediately.

...with a two week severance...?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Give your two weeks, but if you wouldn't mind leaving early make it known. This time of year people are getting laid off. If I have a guy who wants to leave as soon as possible and another guy who wants to work, I will get the laid of guy in and tell the guy leaving he doesn't have to fulfill the two weeks if he doesn't want to.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Give your two weeks, but if you wouldn't mind leaving early make it known. This time of year people are getting laid off. If I have a guy who wants to leave as soon as possible and another guy who wants to work, I will get the laid of guy in and tell the guy leaving he doesn't have to fulfill the two weeks if he doesn't want to.

That just makes way too much sense.

Where do you work again?

Burn the place down, and as it explodes behind you don't look back. You need to do it at night so everything illuminates in a flurry or orange, yellow, and red. Oh that's just my fantasy.

fres431

Is there a chance that could let him go prior to the end of the two weeks?
If that happens they in theory laid him off and can try to collect unemployment. D
I gave notice to former employer they told me that my services were no longer needed. Sounds like a firing to me