How should I leave UPS

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I think you should jump on the top of a package car and do the moon walk. Remember when mike jackson did that before his court appearance.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
A lot of companies set you free as soon as you mention 2 week notice. They figure you probably aren't going to be busting your hump anyway and will probably end up being more of a distraction to others than what you are worth.
that's what happened to my son. he gave 2 weeks notice and they told him not bother coming in. they tried to screw him on his last 2 weeks pay. i told him to call the EEOC. couple days later they called to tell him to come pick up his check.

2 week paid vacation before he started new job.

working up a sweat

Give the 2 week notice.

I worked PT from 1997 to 2001. I had to resign because I lost my FT job and new FT job was 7 PM to 7 AM. 4 nights a week.

UPS 3 sorts occur during that time window.

Gave 2 week notice and I told management that I wanted to come back someday. I had a good work record at UPS.

Called Teamsters union and got the honorable withdrawl card.

8 years later in 2009 I got laid off from night job FT job and applied at UPS for peak. I was re-hired and did not have to pay the Teamsters initiation fee again. They hired 35 and retained 3 people after peak. I was one of the 3.

Over 6 years later I am still at UPS PT and now have 10 yeats vested in pension and great health benefits.

clean hairy

Consider this thought.
A future employer wants to know if the applicant gave any notice before leaving UPS.
The answer is yes 2 weeks notice was given.
The fact UPS might have told you to take a hike has no bearing on the fact you DID give w weeks notice.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Consider this thought.
A future employer wants to know if the applicant gave any notice before leaving UPS.
The answer is yes 2 weeks notice was given.
The fact UPS might have told you to take a hike has no bearing on the fact you DID give w weeks notice.

UPS is very reluctant to give potential employers anything beyond the basics when they are called. They most certainly would not disclose whether notice was given or not.

By The Book

UPS is very reluctant to give potential employers anything beyond the basics when they are called. They most certainly would not disclose whether notice was given or not.
I would consider a future employer asking if a person applying for a job gave 2 weeks notice a very basic question. As for your certainty on your 2nd statement, I'm wondering if your answering those phone calls.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I would consider a future employer asking if a person applying for a job gave 2 weeks notice a very basic question. As for your certainty on your 2nd statement, I'm wondering if your answering those phone calls.
If someone calls me and asks if someone worked for UPS I can only tell them they have. I can't tell them anything about their performance, attitude, whether or not they gave two weeks notice. Only that they worked at UPS.

NXA

Make sure you don't have any vacation pay or anything hanging. Check that out first before providing the notice.
You are due pay for accrued option days, prorated to what you've earned. Put in your notice at 2 weeks, ask HR about what to expect regarding checks in the mail.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If someone calls me and asks if someone worked for UPS I can only tell them they have. I can't tell them anything about their performance, attitude, whether or not they gave two weeks notice. Only that they worked at UPS.
image.jpg

How should I leave ups in the most respectful way as a package handler.
should I put in my 2 weeks. (if possible with UPS)
Call HR and let them know, I will no longer be working with them.
Or just don't show up anymore?

It's been my experience at least with ups it's not how you leave or why it's how your performance was while you were employed. That's 90% of what determines if you will or not be put on the do not rehire list.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's been my experience at least with ups it's not how you leave or why it's how your performance was while you were employed. That's 90% of what determines if you will or not be put on the do not rehire list.
Well yeah, we're not going to hire back a slug who was decided when he wanted to show up.

Anthonysg0113

UPS is a place for people to pass through. I worked a lot of places, even while I worked the preload. I decided a long time ago driving was my goal job and last job. If UPS isn't for you, show some class and give a two weeks notice, you never know if you'll be back at Brown's door. [emoji4]