How should I leave UPS

blkmamba

Well yeah, we're not going to hire back a slug who was decided when he wanted to show up.
You still want to give your two weeks. I was hired for a teaching position on a Friday (I was on vacation) that started the following Wednesday. I immediately called my full time sup who I had a really good working relationship with and told him the situation. He told me that if I didn't give a two weeks notice that HR would automatically put me on the do not rehire list. I told him, I would be starting my career and wasn't going to give up an opportunity so that I could give UPS my two weeks, even though it was the right thing to do. I've never checked to see if I could reapply or not.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You still want to give your two weeks. I was hired for a teaching position on a Friday (I was on vacation) that started the following Wednesday. I immediately called my full time sup who I had a really good working relationship with and told him the situation. He told me that if I didn't give a two weeks notice that HR would automatically put me on the do not rehire list. I told him, I would be starting my career and wasn't going to give up an opportunity so that I could give UPS my two weeks, even though it was the right thing to do. I've never checked to see if I could reapply or not.
He was shifting the blame. HR doesn't check it. The sort supervisor does.

In a circumstance like that, I would probably not put you on no rehire. The overwhelming majority it may not matter for, but I don't want someone having an opportunity fall through and then come to try and get their job back only to find out they have another road block. It really depends though.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Not sure if that's a sarcastic response lol. But I'm sure you're aware how life often can have unexpected outcomes so it's always nice to have options
yes it was. i always say not to burn your bridges. i filed 2 grievances my last day at work after 25 years but that was because the company tried to screw me on some hours. i wasnt going to back down even at the end.

the center manager understood . he even tried to talk me out of retiring and do one more peak for the gipper but it was too late. i had all my ducks in a row and had achieved all my work life and financial goals.

so ya, leave on good terms . even if you don't need to get back with ups , a supervisor could leave the company and get on with another good company and give you a call for a job because he/she remembers you were a good and honorable employee.

Abena

How should I leave ups in the most respectful way as a package handler.
should I put in my 2 weeks. (if possible with UPS)
Call HR and let them know, I will no longer be working with them.
Or just don't show up anymore?
Do the right thing put in two weeks notice