How sweet it is, or must be....

john346

No more Brown!
Watching the final debate last night put me to wondering. Why? Both fellows seem fairly intelligent, McCain is trying so hard to drive his points home, while Obama seems like he's so relieved to be coasting along. But that's contains little of the why. It stands out to me that intelligent people would look at this mess with the economy, war, remarkably polarizing, if not stifling rigid party protection, and give it to the other guy. Who in their right mind would FIGHT to get into this job? There has to be copious posturing for the president to want this mess so badly.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Arguably, why would anyone want the job?

Like you listed, the job sounds like a 24 hour headache for the first 4 years. I guess you can say that its the future thats at stake and the minefield that will be the BUSH legacy will be a tough one to walk, but with vision, One of the candidates believes they can get us there.

Lets hope so.

john346

No more Brown!
Lead a country of 300 million $400,000 a year
Lead a company of 300,000 $10,000,000 a year

Absolutely correct. When the collective Clinton's finally disclosed their income while she was hot in the race, if I recall correctly it was upwards of 22,000,000. Why FIGHT for such a huge pay cut??

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Who in their right mind would FIGHT to get into this job? There has to be copious posturing for the president to want this mess so badly.

It about power and control.
Once you get a certain amount of money (wouldn't know about this personally) it is about power and being able to exert control over others.