how to do prepaid freight shipping

texasheat

im gonna return a product 2 a company and i was told to do prepaid freight shipping... ups ground "Insured"...... i really need help on how 2 do so.... i would appreciate if ne one would help me... thanks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS Ground and UPS Freight are two different things. If you can tell us how much your product weighs and give us it's rough dimensions we can tell you which you should use.

All prepaid means is that you pay for the shipping, whether by check, money order, certified check, credit card or UPS shipper number.

texasheat

1.30 Lbs.... dont know the dimensions.... but the company said i needed 2 do freight prepaid ups ground..... ahhhh this is so confusing

Catatonic

Nine Lives
FREIGHT IN THIS INSTANCE DOES NOT MEAN USING UPS FREIGHT ... IT MEANS TRANSPORTATION CHARGES = FREIGHT.
"freight prepaid ups ground" - freight prepaid is the billing method and UPS Ground is the service level.
YOU CAN GO TO UPS.COM AND USING A CREDIT CARD TO PAY, "Create a Shipment" AND DROP OFF AT A THE UPS STORE (FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE) OR HAND TO A DRIVER.
sorry, caps lock was on.
You can also schedule a pickup for $7 and UPS will come and pickup up your package(s).
Be sure and select Declared Value equal to the amount of the value of the items in your shipment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To add to what Hoax said, the first $100 of declared value is paid for, no matter who the carrier is. You can also drop your prepaid return in to one of our convenient dropboxes or can bring it to your local Staples store.

texasheat

FREIGHT IN THIS INSTANCE DOES NOT MEAN USING UPS FREIGHT ... IT MEANS TRANSPORTATION CHARGES = FREIGHT.
"freight prepaid ups ground" - freight prepaid is the billing method and UPS Ground is the service level.
YOU CAN GO TO UPS.COM AND USING A CREDIT CARD TO PAY, "Create a Shipment" AND DROP OFF AT A THE UPS STORE (FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE) OR HAND TO A DRIVER.
sorry, caps lock was on.
You can also schedule a pickup for $7 and UPS will come and pickup up your package(s).
Be sure and select Declared Value equal to the amount of the value of the items in your shipment.
thanks for clearing that up for me

UPSF Peeon

UPS Ground and UPS Freight are two different things. If you can tell us how much your product weighs and give us it's rough dimensions we can tell you which you should use.

All prepaid means is that you pay for the shipping, whether by check, money order, certified check, credit card or UPS shipper number.

so many people get confused over the difference between ups and ups freight that i wonder if they should of just kept our name as overnite