How to do you get around

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I imagine I have experienced most if not all scenarios regarding how to get the packages from the vehicle to the proper door.
One of my favorites went like this:
"Sorry for no warning, but I need you to cover this area. Here is a map."

MassWineGuy

We had a driver a driver suspended for using GPS. No electronics are to be used in the cab of a FedEx vehicle.

Where are you located? From the little I've seen, it appears that each station differs on the extent to which this policy is enforced.

dezguy

Where are you located? From the little I've seen, it appears that each station differs on the extent to which this policy is enforced.
Canada.

We have stickers in the cab stating discipline up to and including termination can be taken for using electronic devices in the cab.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes. Why, should they not be?

My kids used to play travel hockey and we would often cross the border to play as the hockey there was much more competitive. Several of our parents made the mistake of having their radar detectors on their dashboards and, when pulled over, were shocked when they were taken, put under the tires of the police vehicle and run over.

I have never owned a radar detector and personally agree with Canada in that they should not be legal.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We had several radar detectors.....they work and make a fast trip out of that desolate drive from SLC to Idaho Falls.

SmithBarney

Go to a gas station on your route, buy a map book, get a receipt and give the receipt to your manager for reimbursement. Look at said map book and start delivering. Seems pretty simple to me.
Better yet, request map from your manager, getting reimbursed for a map is harder than ever these days..

SmithBarney

As far as how you get around... if you are good enough after about 2 weeks you'll barely need your map except for rare areas. Challenge yourself to not use a crutch (GPS) you'll learn the area better.

Express Courier

I haven't had a checkride in three years
Probably because when my current mgr gave me one all I did was rip the current state of fedex and then asked him where he wanted to eat lunch and that I'd be back in an hr to get him.

Sent using BrownCafe App

That is a winner right there. Made me laugh so hard the dog is scared of me right now.