How to find UPS building locations in South Florida (Davie?)

pbateman

Hey guys
I was wondering if there is a listing of locations in south florida? Or anyone here work in the Broward area?
I recently moved to work in the 25th Street building in Miami but its a bit of a drive from my place in East Davie. I recently got transferred to a new department and I report directly to Canada, so I am no longer tied to one specific building. I technically could do my job form any building all I need is a connection to the UPS network and a phone.
I used to work in the Fort Lauderdale SCS building but that one got shut down a few months ago (hence the transfer to Miami).
I know there is a Pompano location (UPS Freight) but heard there's no space there, it is a very small location and no office space. I heard there's actually a Davie location but for the life of me I cannot find where this location is....
Any help would be appreciated !

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
pbateman, In what way are you employed by UPS, are you in logistics somehow? The report to Canada part is throwing me off a bit. I think we have a member on this forum from the Davie building, hopefully he can help you later on tonight.

pbateman

Hi Scratch,
Sorry I should have phrased it a bit better. I work in IS Purchasing, my immediate manager is in Canada, thats what I meant when i said I reported to Canada. My department colleagues are based in different countries/cities (Mexico, Miami, Brazil, Canada, etc..).
Thanks!

diesel96

There are no Ups Centers in Davie, if that's what your looking for. Closet center would be Hollywood Bldg in south Broward,(Just west I-95 between Sheridan and Sterling).....Next closet is Ft Laud Bldg (St Rd 7 @ 16th street between Sunrise Blvd and Oakland Park) in central Broward , and there's Deerfield Bch Bldg (Hillsboro @ Lock Rd) in North Broward.........Miami-Dade Hialeah Hub (Lejune and the Gratney).......West Palm Beach bldg (Rivera Beach) (Blue heron Blvd- 2 miles east of I-95)

pbateman

Thanks Diesel!
Either the Hollywood, Ft Lauderdale or even Deerfield sites should be closer to my place. Do you know by chance what kind of operations they are? SCS, Small package,. hubs, sales office etc..?
I guess I could try to reach the building managers there and ask how feasible it would be to work from there....the worst they can say is no.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Diesel is a Florida feeder driver in our package division, so he knows where all the buildings are.

diesel96

Not familiar with SCS (unless it has something to do with Customer Service or Operations) There was a UPS CS/payroll office in Hollywood on Taft Street (not sure it's still there).....However, Deerfield frequently accomadates CS/ Operations meetings with associates (Ties) from the tri-county areas...Each Broward bldg/center handles small packages and inbound/outbound Feeder work. Hialeah bldg is the only Hub in SOFla with reign over East Coast and West Coast sites....

pbateman

Thanks again Diesel! By SCS I meant Supply Chain Solutions...
I'll try to find some contact info on those 3 buildings, or might even pass by the Hollywood one and see it since its the closest one. Didn't know there was another Fort lauderdale building, thought the one in the airport (1800 SW 34th st, now closed down) was the only one, will have to look into that one too.
If they are all operations with no office space, I guess I'm out of luck but otherwise I might have a shot.
Thanks again for the help!

DS

Fenderbender
There's a ups store in Davie
15951 Sw 41st St
Davie, Florida 33331

Where in Canada is your boss?

pbateman

I've thought about working form home but that probably wouldn't fly with UPS, I am not a supervisor so being hourly, working from home is not really an option as far as I know. If I was salary I could probably at least try to ask.
My boss will be coming down here sometime before the end of the year so I will talk to him in person about my options once he is here visiting.
I do have a token but it is probably not active anymore, i used to be in TSG and used it for remote support.
UPS store wouldn't work for me since it's but more of a retail location, I doubt they'd have access to the ups network there...

diesel96

The new FTLAP location is located at 690 SW 34th ST...GPS it...entrance under the I-595 overpass.....and your welcome, good luck

The Davie GO was located at 5400 South University (in Davie) in an office park but I believe it has been closed up for at least a year now. There used to be an SCS on SW 39 Street but I think it moved over to SW 34 Street (Menlo), which is at the very end of the FLL airport runway. It's been several years since I have worked for UPS so I don't know if they are still operational or not. The other buildings that Diesel mentioned are UPS package centers.