How to get a job at UPS after being a helper?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ca8680, Apr 16, 2007.

1. ca8680

ca8680 Determined...

Hi this is my fist post, i worked for UPS real hard during the Christmas time. Now i want to work for them as an unloader in the night, or something similar like loading. I was told that i would have a better chance of getting hired then just someone coming off the street because the help i provided. But exactly how do i get a job now that 4 months have passed since i helped.

In Ups jobs under my job inquiries i applied for the package handler position before i even was a helper. Thats how they found me and gave me the helper position. So now in job inquiries it just says on file and i cant do a new one.

So what do i do? i would like to be able to talk to someone on the phone. But they do not provide a number on the UPS JOBS site. Any help would be so much appreciated, I live in California. And the place is in the SFV Of Los Angeles.

Please help....
  2. toeknee2gx

toeknee2gx New Member

what building are you applying for?? pm me your first and last name...
  3. dragracer66

dragracer66 Active Member

Go to the H/R building at the hub near you and fill out another application. There will be people there who will help you!!!
  4. ca8680

ca8680 Determined...

In Sylmar. I think they call it the san fernando hub. I pm'd you.
  5. AznDiablo

AznDiablo Senior Member

I'm guessing San Fernando Hub
  6. swing_drv

swing_drv Member

Well your in the door. Go by the center and keep talking to the center manager and making yourself known. Don't give up!!
  7. toeknee2gx

toeknee2gx New Member

check ur messages...