How to keep cool in summer heat

OptimusPrime

​They'd be white 1 time and that's it. LOL

I swear someone drives the package car I have using through a coal mine when I am not around. Hands get black by the time I get my air off, and by the end of the day, looks like I have some weird KISS makeup going on from wiping my face with my arms.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In addition to the good advice given above, the one thing that I have not seen mentioned is to not think about it. If you don't dwell on the fact that it is hot it doesn't seem to be as bad. At least that has been my experience.

upsman68

In addition to the good advice given above, the one thing that I have not seen mentioned is to not think about it. If you don't dwell on the fact that it is hot it doesn't seem to be as bad. At least that has been my experience.

It gets so hot in New York. Try coming down south and working in hot and humid conditions for at least the next 4 months and you will see that it is hard to put that out of your mind that it is hot.

My advice drink lots of water and eat light for lunch

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It gets so hot in New York. Try coming down south and working in hot and humid conditions for at least the next 4 months and you will see that it is hard to put that out of your mind that it is hot.

My advice drink lots of water and eat light for lunch

I spent 4 years on the flightline in Lubbock, TX. I know all about working in heat. I also know that if you don't think about it that it's not nearly as bad as if you spend every second of the day whining about it.

Why don't you come up here and try working in -30F windchill? It's the same philosophy---dress appropriately and don't think about it.

HULKAMANIA

Sorry man but I have to disagree. If you arent thinking about it you arent reminding yourself to stay hydrated either. If you wait for your brain to tell you "Im thirsty" you are already dehydrated. I can say that from experience. There is heat and then there is heat with humidity! I never thought humidity was that big of an issue but it just drains your body of fluid twice as fast!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry man but I have to disagree. If you arent thinking about it you arent reminding yourself to stay hydrated either. I can say that from experience. There is heat and then there is heat with humidity! I never thought humidity was that big of an issue but it just drains your body of fluid twice as fast!

...which is why I said "in addition to the good advice given above"...it is always important to stay hydrated but if you sit there and think about just how hot it is you are done before the day is even over...

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Lol you are braver than I am. I have blown out the crotch of about 3-4 pants/shorts. These twin hill clothes dont give any warning either they just let go right in the bad place.
As I have stated before, that is when a couple of strategically placed DIAD pouches make for a great loincloth.

upsman68

I spent 4 years on the flightline in Lubbock, TX. I know all about working in heat. I also know that if you don't think about it that it's not nearly as bad as if you spend every second of the day whining about it.

Why don't you come up here and try working in -30F windchill? It's the same philosophy---dress appropriately and don't think about it.

When its cold you can bundle up and dress in layers plus you have a heater in your package car. I do not recall in ac unit in any of our package cars. Lubbock is hot but it is not as humid as it is in Houston Texas.

I'm sorry Upstate but I think you are full of bs sometime You have some good takes but I think you are wrong on this one and I would like you to come and run my route for a summer and see if you would not complain about the heat Take care and have a nice summer

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I swear someone drives the package car I have using through a coal mine when I am not around. Hands get black by the time I get my air off, and by the end of the day, looks like I have some weird KISS makeup going on from wiping my face with my arms.

Yep! Hands, arms up to the armpits, face, legs. When I take a shower the water runs black. LOL

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Lol you are braver than I am. I have blown out the crotch of about 3-4 pants/shorts. These twin hill clothes dont give any warning either they just let go right in the bad place.

I live in the same city I deliver to, so when I have a "blowout" it means I get to break trace and drive home on the clock to get a new pair. If the company doesnt like it, they can quit ordering cheap crap for uniforms.