How to keep the bulk trucks from hurting the numbers?

UPSviking

Hi people.

My first post here so be gentle :)

At our center the 2 bulk trucks are hurting the numbers bad with their low stop count, is there any way of getting them off the SPORH report?

I have tried to suggest that we use the "center DIAD" but that hurts the center volume numbers....

I am not an manager, i am simply an LD that is seeing my drivers targets being pushed up because of this.

Any help or ideas would be appriciated.

You are someone who has concern over actual real life conditions affecting your center. This is something becoming more and more rare in todays UPS. Thank You!

You`re fired.

City Driver

I am not an manager, i am simply an LD

to be honest i thought all UPS managers were LD

404_timmy.gif

Dragon

Package Center Manager
UPS Viking - tell your IE (INTO-EVERYTHING) planner to plan it correctly. He/she should not be dumping excess SPC on your center yours should actually be lowered. Spread the high SPC to another center in your division or spread it to a couple of other centers. DO NOT use the customer counter DIAD for anything else except CC or you will be EX_UPSER.....Good luck

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Any action you take to get off of one report will simply cause you to appear on a different one.

The higher-ups who complain about "the numbers" can never be satisfied...because once you find a way to give them those numbers, they will just demand different numbers.

There is no point in trying to make your superiors happy; their job security depends upon inventing things to complain about, and then making themselves look important by pretending to solve all the imaginary problems that they have made up.

Just focus on making the best business decisions you can make, and providing the best service for your customers that you possibly can. "The numbers" will be what they will be, and life will go on.

UPSviking

WHO Cares its a managment problem/ why are you worried about it? id like to know?

Because as i said i am an lead driver (i guees you call it driver sup) and it is hurting my drivers every day, and if there was a way to keep an bulk car with only 10 stops on it out of the reports i would like to know.

UPSviking

UPS Viking - tell your IE (INTO-EVERYTHING) planner to plan it correctly. He/she should not be dumping excess SPC on your center yours should actually be lowered. Spread the high SPC to another center in your division or spread it to a couple of other centers. DO NOT use the customer counter DIAD for anything else except CC or you will be EX_UPSER.....Good luck

Thank you but our IE is not really good at numbers..... When planning our volume they just go back 5 weeks, and whatever volume there was back then is todays volume, we are always off by alot.....

Thanks anyway..:smart:

UPSviking

You can use the CC DIAD if you are a driver sup and you want to DR a package that would otherwise become LIB and deliver it on your way home.

We dont use the CC for anything else than specified above, we do however have one diad lying in Dispacth that we use for PU on small islands that can be used by somebody only doing 10-20 stops, the problem is that if we use that for the bulk trucks the packages goes out of the volume......

Bad Gas!

Hi people.

My first post here so be gentle :)

At our center the 2 bulk trucks are hurting the numbers bad with their low stop count, is there any way of getting them off the SPORH report?

I have tried to suggest that we use the "center DIAD" but that hurts the center volume numbers....

I am not an manager, i am simply an LD that is seeing my drivers targets being pushed up because of this.

Any help or ideas would be appriciated.

There is nothing you can do about it at your level...Even the DM can't or won't do anything about bulk cars bringing down the stops per hour..

rocket man

Because as i said i am an lead driver (i guees you call it driver sup) and it is hurting my drivers every day, and if there was a way to keep an bulk car with only 10 stops on it out of the reports i would like to know.
Are you are a memeber of managment ?you would be a on road? if you are not managment and you are a driver. Wich i guess you are? you should be shouting get more drivers off layoff and on the road. The company has been around 100plus years. your center sphore is not gonna save us .I just got off the phone with scott davis ceo he said they will work on your problem. ( whats a lead driver) top seniority? top suck up to managment? are you a rat (im not a rat ) oh mr hill you no what a rat is.

City Driver

after reading some of rocket mans posts i wonder if he is always drunk when on here or if he just never made it past the 4th grade