How to leave the company in style?

aintbleedinbrown

I have two weeks left before I start my new job. I didn't put in any notice on purpose and was trying to find ideas on how to leave in style. I am a 6 year PT-Sup and hate this company more than I have ever hated anything else in my entire life. Suggestions? (I have already ruled out leaving quietly)

Thanks!

Sent using BrownCafe App

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You need it on your resume, they can say you resigned, quit or were terminated. If you just dont show up, you are terminated. You are young, with supervision at UPS under your belt. That would ruin that. I know I know. I want to go out in a spectacular way, but when I go I wont be looking for another job. Probaly the best leaving work speech I ever saw was "dont forget to leave yourself an out" and out the door he went!

Maybe you only hate your job and the crap. Maybe you can use your resignation to a stepping stone to job with less crap.

over9five

Staff member
I have two weeks left before I start my new job. I didn't put in any notice on purpose and was trying to find ideas on how to leave in style. I am a 6 year PT-Sup and hate this company more than I have ever hated anything else in my entire life. Suggestions? (I have already ruled out leaving quietly)

Thanks!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Agree with everyone saying don't do something stupid.
Instead, REALLY go out in style. Order a bunch of pizzas for your people to chow down at break, or something like that.

Good luck in the next chapter of your life!

Island

A PT sup in my operation got up to our highest sort aisle, probably thirty feet off ground level, and got on the conveyor belt that ends at the front personnel door that everyone uses to come in from the parking lot or to leave, and he rode it all the way out in a tote. Mgmt came around and warned everybody that if anyone else did it, they'd be fired, but of course it didn't matter to him. His new job was already secure, so UPS could say whatever it wanted, it didn't affect his future.
Of course no one stopped that belt even though everyone knew what he was doing, to shut off part of the operation long enough to get him down would have crippled our precious production numbers, so they let him ride the whole way.

over9five

Staff member

Thanks!

Sent using BrownCafe App

P.S. Put in your notice.

Island

Totally voting for the boombox thing. Of course I'd go with Johnny Paycheck "You Can Take This Job And Shove It," and perhaps Alice in Chains "Man In The Box." Then there's anything, really, by The Nightwatchman. Also...
Joan Jett - You Don't Own Me
Scandal - Goodbye to You
ZZ Top - Just Got Paid
Bad Company
B-Complex - Beautiful Lies
Nero - New Life
Johnny Hickman - Measure of a Man
CTLGD - Brightside

I may or may not have a list of work-related karaoke picks. But honestly I would probably just sing some heavy metal

In todays day and age you might not want to get too crazy because with the too common stories of "disgruntled employee" does this or that and his place of work it's almost a sure fire way to get arrested if not outright shot if Barney Fife gets a little trigger happy.

over9five

Staff member
In todays day and age you might not want to get too crazy because with the too common stories of "disgruntled employee" does this or that and his place of work it's almost a sure fire way to get arrested if not outright shot if Barney Fife gets a little trigger happy.
At least you'll only get shot once....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Grow up. Give 2 weeks notice, show up on your last day, do the job they are paying you to do, and then move on.

Sent using BrownCafe App

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Just go out the right way. Give your two weeks and move on. Think of how frustrating it is when a new guy just doesn't show up. It screws everyone. Just do the right thing and go onto your next career. Especially this day in age if you do something stupid chances are someone is going to take a picture or a video and it could come back to bite you in the a**.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Don't burn bridges.
You worked there for 6 years. When you apply at any other job in the future they're going to want to talk to a place that you worked for so long. Especially if you're going to claim management experience from your time as a sup. Don't be stupid. Put in your two weeks and leave like an adult. Don't give the company some great story about how juvenile you were when a future employer comes calling.