How to leave the company in style?

Box Ox

I've heard the average millennial will go through many jobs over their lifetimes. Your new one probably won't last forever and you might very well find that whatever you're going to do wasn't even close to worthwhile. I understand your feelings but competition is fierce and it might cost you big $$ in the future.

UPSGUY72

I have two weeks left before I start my new job. I didn't put in any notice on purpose and was trying to find ideas on how to leave in style. I am a 6 year PT-Sup and hate this company more than I have ever hated anything else in my entire life. Suggestions? (I have already ruled out leaving quietly)

Thanks!

Sent using BrownCafe App

You should have stayed PT like everyone told you 6 yrs ago as you found out the grass isn't always greener on the other side...

Sooner or later in your life your going have to grow up so do the right thing go to work Monday and tell them you have gotten a better opportunity and when your last day will be.

being a a-- about is only going hurt you in the future as word will surly get around....

Nimnim

The Nim
As just about everyone else has said, put in your notice. The last few pt sups on my shift didn't even work their last couple days, they'd report to work and do a little paperwork while showing the person who will replace them what they need to know. The last day is pretty much walking around saying goodbye to people and doing some paperwork to finalize the resignation. Could be different for your location, but that's how it's been lately on my shift.

Though for the less serious bit I've always said on my last day I'm taking the "Loss Prevention" sign off their office door and leaving with it.

Z

ZQXC

I am a 30 year employee (and not done yet); when the time comes, I will leave so quietly that people will just think I'm on vacation.