How to make some extra $$

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by yes2matt, Sep 17, 2014.

1. NXA

NXA Active Member

So, yeah I know our hourly rate is pretty good, but somehow it gets spent. And sometimes I see a toy I want to buy... How do yall make boot money? Another driver in our center sells Avon but that's not my scene :)

Just lookin for ideas...

2. Ask for more stops?

3. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

A driver I work with delivers newspapers before work for extra cash.

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

A driver I know goes around collecting bottles for recycling.

5. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

If you are a top rate driver and can't afford to buy shoes you're doing it wrong...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. NXA

NXA Active Member

I'm buyin' shoes for five. I've got the more-hours bit figured out, committee meetings and all; I'm thinking I could do some real estate or something. But RE is pretty demanding.

7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Ask for an eight hour day, every day. You quickly will have mega overtime and lots of cash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Tunnel Bunny

9. rod

rod retired and happy

We had a driver who did custom painting (helmets, cars, motorcycles, etc.) who said he only worked at UPS for the insurance. He was a runner/gunner who skipped breaks and drove like a wild man and was always off by 5:00. He said he made better money doing his painting. He also played in a band on weekends. He is still at UPS. I saw him the other day -off work at 4:45 at a local hardware store buying some sandpaper.

10. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

We had a feeder driver I worked with that owned a lawn care company on the side. He only employed relatives. He told me he made more money mowing grass than he did driving a tractor trailer. I know he went on a cruise with his wife every year. Down here in Texas, our grass grows probably 10 months a year.

11. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

I strip for a couple hours on a sunday at the Gentlemans Club in Reno.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. bleedinbrown58

I work the Blowjobmobile whenever I'm not busy modeling for Calvin Klein.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I think this forum has more than enough sexual innuendo.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

BTW I am on my tenth star on my punch card so can i redeem my free one this weekend?

15. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Sling Weed make mad $$$

Sent using BrownCafe App

16. I sell vinyl records online, have for years. I'm also an artist and make decent bank with my work. There's a million ways to make a buck, just got to go out and get it done. One of my brothers does cleanouts for recently purchased foreclosed houses, and opened a store for all the shyte that didn't make it to the dumpster. He actually does ok with it... Even though we all call him Fred G. Sanford.

17. bleedinbrown58

Well...you can pay me in socks...new, CLEAN ones...not like the ones you have stacked like cordwood....lol

18. Ouch

Ouch Well-Known Member

I make jigs and spinnerbaits for bass fishing.

19. Oh, and as a former RE salesperson, DONT BOTHER!! It sucks, you wait forever for commissions, and when they come in you split the pie with 3 or 4 other agents/brokers.. Then the clients/customers, Imagine driving around the pickiest housewife you can think of for hours on end for free. Commission based jobs are not for part timers.

• List
  20. calcio56

calcio56 Active Member

Get as many signature as possible, do a few extra culdasac turn arounds, bump your milage, watch your planned day rise