How to piss off a Driver?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
True, preloader job is simple, All they need is to read a 4 digit number and put it in order. In a few years it should be considered an unskilled job, next step un-unionize part timers, and replace them with young kids that can read up to # 8999. & pay them minimum wage with no benefits. this would increase productivity in the long run and generate billions more in profits.

Its what i would do from a business prospective.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

They already do that , it's called Fed-Ex

FAIL
:noobiesmiley:

Returntosender

LT you want to get rid of the Union. You just asking to get buried in the Mojave desert. The old adage amongest corrupt LEOs dead men tell no tells. Pretty sure that adage is known amongest Union.

J

jibbs

So, until managment decides to build us a line outside so we can load cars in the snow....drivers have it worse than we do.

Ahem... I was loading off a set of rollers outside for most of peak. Rain, snow, sleet or shine I was outside at 4am in the dead of winter loading trucks. The trade-off was smoking a cigarette whenever I wanted one, but it was a ****ty deal the few nights/mornings that bad rain storms came through. The snow was straight, I could deal with that... the massive rains, ridiculously cold temperatures and gusty ass winds made it really difficult to hold onto my job on several select days for those few months.

Also, I get rained/snowed on at my regular trucks now unless we put some cardboard between the roof of the truck(s) and the building itself. There's like a 3-4ft gap above the truck I split in front of, ****ty deal, man...

Not jumping in on the exchange, just pointing out that some of us load in a BS environment. "What doesn't kill us," though....

HubBub

Didn't read the thread, but if I wanted to anger a driver I'd remove my work gloves and slap him in the face with them. Then I'd spit on his shoes and call him a son of a motherless goat. Then I'd fart in his general direction. That's about as far as I'd go.

I beg to differ.

Our jobs are very hardcore. We will walk, carry and place more packages in a 4 hour period then you will deliver and pick up in a 8 hour timeframe. And we get paid in fractions of what a driver would. Preload is nothing a driver would ever want to do.

I know we dont make enough money on preload, because they only think this type of job is for college kids and those who need the benefits.

The real job at UPS is preload.
I used to be a preloader and you are so wrong it's not even funny. Ring a driver is way harder and the reason you don't think so is because you are ignorant to what a driver acatually does. You have never been one so your observation is an uneducated one.

HubBub

I used to be a preloader and you are so wrong it's not even funny. Ring a driver is way harder and the reason you don't think so is because you are ignorant to what a driver acatually does. You have never been one so your observation is an uneducated one.

Have you actually slain a tiger, or is that some sort of euphemism? Tigers are pretty tough man.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ahem... I was loading off a set of rollers outside for most of peak. Rain, snow, sleet or shine I was outside at 4am in the dead of winter loading trucks. The trade-off was smoking a cigarette whenever I wanted one, but it was a ****ty deal the few nights/mornings that bad rain storms came through. The snow was straight, I could deal with that... the massive rains, ridiculously cold temperatures and gusty ass winds made it really difficult to hold onto my job on several select days for those few months.

Also, I get rained/snowed on at my regular trucks now unless we put some cardboard between the roof of the truck(s) and the building itself. There's like a 3-4ft gap above the truck I split in front of, ****ty deal, man...

Not jumping in on the exchange, just pointing out that some of us load in a BS environment. "What doesn't kill us," though....
That sucks.

HubBub

If you joined before January 2012, you would know what it means !! lol :sissyfight:

But I didn't! I joined exactly in January 2012! I must've missed some exciting tiger slaying! Are you referring to the "Great Tiger" of Mike Tyson's Punchout Fame? Cuz he's pretty easy. You just hafta watch the gem on his head dress and avoid the tiger punch, then counter punch!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
But I didn't! I joined exactly in January 2012! I must've missed some exciting tiger slaying! Are you referring to the "Great Tiger" of Mike Tyson's Punchout Fame? Cuz he's pretty easy. You just hafta watch the gem on his head dress and avoid the tiger punch, then counter punch!
lol King Hippo was easier to beat.