how to properly do a daily pickup.

DS

Fenderbender
The ups store in my area requests that eveything be scanned.
Its the busiest one in Canada so I'm told.
They get paid for dropoffs,and want credit for it.
Not quite as busy as looper,Mondays from 100 to 200 pkgs.
And no back door.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I scan all end of day and any RS/ARS/Internet pkgs that I pickup. I pickup the UPS Store and they have a printout of all of the dropoffs which I sign along with their end of day.

It doesn't matter when you open/close the P/U stop as the time allowance is based on the number of pkgs P/U.

Drive-by pickups for accounts that use signs are not worth it. Make the stop each day.

Calling your P/U customers on your cell, while convenient, is not the method. P/U customers pay for us to show our faces every day.

Scanning each and every P/U pkg defeats the purpose of an end of day summary report.

I scan all end of day and any RS/ARS/Internet pkgs that I pickup. I pickup the UPS Store and they have a printout of all of the dropoffs which I sign along with their end of day.

It doesn't matter when you open/close the P/U stop as the time allowance is based on the number of pkgs P/U.

Drive-by pickups for accounts that use signs are not worth it. Make the stop each day.

Calling your P/U customers on your cell, while convenient, is not the method. P/U customers pay for us to show our faces every day.

Scanning each and every P/U pkg defeats the purpose of an end of day summary report.

True, I will open the pick up as I walk up to the stop and stop complete it as I walk away. To show the amount of time I am at the pick up.

buttere

I open the P/U in my board when I get the the stop. Scan just the end of day and any packages that aren't on the end of day such as ARS, then stop complete when done.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
No it's not. What's the difference if someone walks up to give you one or get a OCA still a stop you have to put in board. Only difference is the OCA is always behind you and have to go back.

Bad Gas!

I scan every pkg picked up. especially at UPS store...It's requested by all UPS stores in the center to scan all their pkgs....Other pickups are optioal to scan each pkg unless shipper requests it..But it is considered by the book to scan everything.....Also..some shippers never do end of day report..

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
prerecord.....stop complete in the 15 min before/after schedule time

Ditto.

if u prerecord...and complete stop later...the stop will timestamp when u prerecorded it....

Not sure this is true, can anyone verify this statement?

I scan for 3 reasons:

1: I can never be accused of not picking up a paticular pkg.

2: My name is never on any origin claim reports.

3: I wan't the customers end of day report to equal what I am picking up.Example: If their end of day says 27 and I have only scanned 26,they need to find the missing pkg or remember that they forgot to void 1.This keeps the customer happy and goes far in the customer relations area.

I agree, this is the CYA method.

pkgdriver

No it's not. What's the difference if someone walks up to give you one or get a OCA still a stop you have to put in board. Only difference is the OCA is always behind you and have to go back.

If it's an OCA and they have a Canon toner cartridge RS package I use the OCA that I was dispatched with.

IF the toner cartridge if handed to me or I pick it up at a stop or pick up stop I record it in the PPD/RS/ARS option under special counts.

You do it your way Ill do it mine.

IMO, the best way to do it is how your center manager or OCS tells you, they are the ones that decide if you are to be held accountable for anything.