How to purchase the tractors

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dsuupr, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Dsuupr

Dsuupr New Member

I saw the post on purchasing the package cars, but what about the tractors? Does anybody know if UPS sells them? If so where?
  2. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

I'd like to know who would WANT em and for what possible purpose except for truck demo derby.
  3. Pip

Pip New Member

I believe you will find that the tractors are crushed also.
  4. MR_Vengeance

MR_Vengeance United Parcel Survivor

you can't buy one period!
  5. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member the cobra avatar !!
  6. DS

DS Fenderbender

Do you mean the replica package cars/feeder tractors?
  7. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Save your money. They are pretty much used up at the end of the line. Anyways, UPS scraps them out .
  8. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

You could melt them down and make little ingots out of them to hand out on special company anniversaries...........:tongue_sm
  9. rushfan

rushfan Well-Known Member

They're scrapped here. I wouldn't buy one-only for a demolition derby. The spindles on the rear of our Macks were replaced saving the company thousands. IMHO that's good so I won't have to worry about driving the uncomfortable, noisy, Internationals.
  10. j4bucks

j4bucks Member

Scratch your on to something there lol !!!!:lol:
  11. LKLND3380

LKLND3380 Active Member

Keep thinking like that and you will have an office in ATL making $800,000 a year...
  12. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

I could direct you to a local LTL carrier retiring their spare tractor, its a '74 International, but probably not as prestigious:tongue_sm or worn out:lol: as a "brown" one.
  13. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Our center is known as "The Home of the Million Mile Mack".
  14. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

Yep, we have a couple of those million mile tracters ourselves Ba Ba Booie. It's amazing how our motor- head mechanics keep these old dogs running. I guess it helps with an unlimited budget. I wonder if any Center around is still using the old cab over engine design? I heard bobtailing with those in the rain was taking your own life in your hands.
  15. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

We've got several cab overs. That's how a truck is supposed to look.
  16. MR_Vengeance

MR_Vengeance United Parcel Survivor

i almost broke my leg getting out of that thing. scrap it all!!!:laugh:
  17. rushfan

rushfan Well-Known Member

We just scrapped our last cab over. It was used as a yard shifter.
  18. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

A couple of years ago in Feeder Training, the old vcr training tapes are all with the cab over trucks...and I think Hugh Downs was the narrator and late model 60's and 70's vehicles in the background.