how to sheet up hard to find stops?

tourists24

If there is no house numbers posted then I don't see how NSN is being dishonest.

That's one of the reasons I started this thread. We have had several cover drivers putting NSN. Then when the clerks check the phone books it turns out that there is "such a number" and is the correct address. When sup's find out the drivers are approached and told that if the address is good, then the customer should be located. They are implying that it IS an integrity issue

That's one of the reasons I started this thread. We have had several cover drivers putting NSN. Then when the clerks check the phone books it turns out that there is "such a number" and is the correct address. When sup's find out the drivers are approached and told that if the address is good, then the customer should be located. They are implying that it IS an integrity issue

The number may well be valid, that doesn't mean the correct house is identifiable.
That is when I respectfully suggest THEY go find the house and tell ME where it is. They don't have to be off the clock by a certain time.

O

omega man

NI is incorrect because the customer may very well have been home and if they track it, and call UPS, you will be questioned. NSN is also incorrect because there probably was a number, you just couldn't locate it. It doesn't matter whether you make an effort to find them or not. If UPS can't give us a way of honestly showing that we tried to find the right house but couldn't, then the package should be recorded as MISSED. Why do some of you care how UPS looks, or whether or not you get credit for the attempt? Always record honestly. We get paid either way.

Tony31yrs

Yeah, in this day of computers and gps, always do it by the book. If they are out to get you, this is exactly the kind of thing they look for. We had a 27 yr driver get fired a few years back because he was saving barcodes to scan on other days. We didn't know if he was doing it to look good on paper, for more OT or because he was screwing around on his wife. They caught him because the same barcodes kept showing up on different days. Three years from retirement and he loses his job. Just plain stupid! He had to drive a garbage truck for 3 years to get a lesser 30 yr pension.

over9five

Staff member
"..then the package should be recorded as MISSED. Why do some of you care how UPS looks, or whether or not you get credit for the attempt? Always record honestly. "

Exactly. You guys that want to get credit for that one stop instead of doing the right thing amaze me. Why do you care so much about your SPORH?? Just do the right thing, and stop worrying about their numbers!

If it has the right number on it, and you can't find it for WHATEVER reason, it is missed.

I used to sheet as NSN. But now I sheet as NO LISTING and put not marked in the remarks and write not marked on service cross. That way the clerk knows why they are calling the cust. It's in other in my board.

For bad road I use EMERGENCY COND. and put bad road in remarks. If I spend, say 20 min. looking for a house, why should UPS pay a possible refund for sheeting as missed when it's not a missed pkg?

over9five

Staff member
Actually, we all know how UPS is. Ask 3 different sups, get 3 different answers! The best you can do is follow policy in your center.

upsdude

I’d go with NSN and leave clear instructions for the clerk. I’d also let the evening OMS know about the situation.

A related story……….

A few years ago a sup took me out on a route (semi-rural), no numbers at all on this one particular road. We had a couple envelopes that contained school pictures. We knocked on a few doors trying to find the consignee, nothing. The sup said screw it, give me your knife. He opened the packages and took out the pictures walked up to a door showed the home owner the pictures and asked where the kids lived. Problem solved.

Docparcel79

We are told not to use the "Other-Other" key. We do have the option of using the NSN,NSS button. I agree with a past post about home owners not putting numbers on their mailboxes or houses. The best one is the houses that are 400,000- 500,000$ and you can't even see the house number or nor do they have one. It's funny when you show up the next day with the package(after it goes through the clerks) and the home owner tells you that their regular driver delivers there everyday, I love just telling them, well do I look like your regular driver!!!! House numbers at Target or Walmart are on sale for 50 cents. And their faces :knockedout: priceless..

IF you try to find a house with no numbers and fail using reasonable efforts, that is not a missed. Missed is same as "no service ATTEMPT'', there was an attempt made. Missed would not be an honest record.
BTW, you can be disciplined for service failures, i.e. missed packages.

over9five

Staff member
I think if you go to the UPS website, it will tell you we deliver to every address blah blah blah.

But I bet it doesn't say, "unless there's no number on your house".

I think the customer would get a refund if we sheeted it as NSN when it is a good address.