how to stop ups from all the bad they do

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
the company is doing what ever they want to do. harassment, making drivers skip lunch, treating us like poop. filing a grievance that does not get results. walking out members for minor things. disrespecting grown men and women. talking down. well its time to let the public know. since we nor the union has been able to do anything to stop them, i think the media should be involved. contacting all newspaper, large and small. even local ones. tv channels. help me howard, 7 on your side, geraldo etc. let them know what really goes on at ups. also shame on you. bad publicity is the only way to beat ups

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Wouldn't the easiest way to 'beat' UPS is to not work for them? Not all places at UPS are as bad as you make it seem, and if you think UPS is the exception to the rule, you are delirious. UPS is just becoming part of the norm. Your call to arms isn't going to be telling anyone anything they don't already know.

You need to change America before you worry about UPS.

stink219

the company is doing what ever they want to do. harassment, making drivers skip lunch, treating us like poop. filing a grievance that does not get results. walking out members for minor things. disrespecting grown men and women. talking down. well its time to let the public know. since we nor the union has been able to do anything to stop them, i think the media should be involved. contacting all newspaper, large and small. even local ones. tv channels. help me howard, 7 on your side, geraldo etc. let them know what really goes on at ups. also shame on you. bad publicity is the only way to beat ups
That is a touchy topic. Public out cry might be limited once the public finds out we make 32 dollars an hour, 48 in OT, free health care and a pension. We could only inform on a limited basis.

bbsam

Staff member
MrFedEx has been trying for years to raise public awareness of these facts at Fedex. Nobody cares about the plight of those making significantly less than UPS drivers so...

barnyard

KTM rider
@$32/hour, we would get NO sympathy from the general public. Union membership amongst the working class is a very small minority. Do not expect people making 1/2 what we do to rush out and picket UPS or to even care. Conservatives will spin it as 'entitled union thugs that want everything handed to them on a golden platter.'

Suck it up princess.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am not suggesting we quit filing grievances or any of that. I am saying that we have it better than most blue collar, working folks.

island1fox

Wouldn't the easiest way to 'beat' UPS is to not work for them? Not all places at UPS are as bad as you make it seem, and if you think UPS is the exception to the rule, you are delirious. UPS is just becoming part of the norm. Your call to arms isn't going to be telling anyone anything they don't already know.

LTC,

Just curious. What would like to change America to ??

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
LTC,

Just curious. What would like to change America to ??

I'm saying that there needs to be a change in corporate America, and how things run in America, if the OP expects UPS to be viewed as this horrific enterprise. The OP seems to think UPS is a special case in relation to most other large, corporate businesses. Don't be dense....

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Perform your assigned duties to the letter and always use the methods. Grieve everything that moves.

I do not recommend getting the press involved unless your local union is behind you. Go to your union meetings. During open mic, say your piece. The squeaky wheel always gets the oil, especially if it's showing up every month to squeak.

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
People need to get the information out there
Most giant companies hate an informed employee.
For example: Skipping lunches---Something happened in California with lunches being skipped, and by the time the state got involved, UPS did something like program the DIADS to go down for a half hour every day. I don't know the exact details.
This was just a gloss over type report at a general meeting

Integrity

Binge Poster
not who you think,

How do you propose to do this in an orderly and effective way?

What is your plan?

I think you are mistaken and overestimating the impact of bad publicity and its effect on UPS.

I am curious about your plan though.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster

LongTimeComing,

No one who is around UPS for even a short time can deny that, generally speaking, the culture at UPS is as the OP has stated.

I agree, the faulty corporate culture at UPS is no different from other corporations. UPS is helping set this standard not just becoming part of the norm.

I wouldn't count out what the OP said but I would like to see what his or her plan entails.

You are right America does need to change back, back to the very purpose people originally came here for.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
That is a touchy topic. Public out cry might be limited once the public finds out we make 32 dollars an hour, 48 in OT, free health care and a pension. We could only inform on a limited basis.
Stink219,

I agree there is more sympathy and justification for the rich corporations and their oppressive corrupt cultures than there is for the middle class working man and woman in this country.

The sick thing I noticed is that many of the oppressed in the middle class are more sympathetic of the rich corporations than they are of the working man and woman.

Even though they are the very working men or womem that the corporations are taking advantage of.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
People need to get the information out there
Most giant companies hate an informed employee.
For example: Skipping lunches---Something happened in California with lunches being skipped, and by the time the state got involved, UPS did something like program the DIADS to go down for a half hour every day. I don't know the exact details.
This was just a gloss over type report at a general meeting
AZBrown,

I agree employees should be more informed of their rights.

Rights above and beyond contract rights in a union shop.

What do you propose can be done to better inform employees?

Any ideas?

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Stink219,

I agree there is more sympathy and justification for the rich corporations and their oppressive corrupt cultures than there is for the middle class working man and woman in this country.

The sick thing I noticed is that many of the oppressed in the middle class are more sympathetic of the rich corporations than they are of the working man and woman.

Even though they are the very working men or womem that the corporations are taking advantage of.

Sincerely,
I

Then y did Obama just become a 2 term president?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
not who you think,

How do you propose to do this in an orderly and effective way?

What is your plan?

I think you are mistaken and overestimating the impact of bad publicity and its effect on UPS.

I am curious about your plan though.

Sincerely,
I

Defiantly overestimating the impact. I mean look all the you tube videos of us and fed ex. People still use us all the time.

No thats not the way!!! If everbody does the job by the book and dont take shortcuts...sticks together...thats how we win....divide and conquer thats their plan!!! Do you think any other working person would feel sorry for us...NOT!!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Then y did Obama just become a 2 term president?

Because a viable Working Families' or Labor party does not yet exist on the national political axis.

Also, the Republicans ran the most anti-women ticket in the history of presidential elections.

Not trying to de-rail the thread; no more political commentary here for me.