how to transfer

I'm a full-time supervisor and my spouse and I want to move to Florida but I want to stay with UPS. She's in school where we currently live. Knowing how hard it is to transfer, what do I need to do? If she got a job in Florida would UPS allow me to follow? If she went to school to finish would they let me follow? What if I was accepted at a school in Florida? HELP!

purplesky

i'm a full-time supervisor and my spouse and i want to move to florida but i want to stay with ups. She's in school where we currently live. Knowing how hard it is to transfer, what do i need to do? If she got a job in florida would ups allow me to follow? If she went to school to finish would they let me follow? What if i was accepted at a school in florida? Help!

you must be a troll! Go away! Why would a full time sup ask this question here?

Sorry you have a problem with your management but you really shouldn't think of all management of being like yours, not all of us are bad. You and I are in the same boat, just trying to make a dollar-

JaxUPSHub

I'm a full-time supervisor and my spouse and I want to move to Florida but I want to stay with UPS.HELP!

Stay away from Florida, why would you want to come here? It rains every day, its hot and humid, and MIAMI is 80% South American. Hurricane season is no joke, cost of living is high.

That being said, I love it here, but it can be tough for people from the 'outside'. THIS IS THE SOUTH.:surprised:

Thanks for the reply! We go to the panhandle with our kids for vaction every summer and I love it there. I lived in Clearwater and Orlando up until 2nd grade so outside of Destin, Panama City and where I lived I know very little about Florida except it's my kind of place. I live in the south so I'm used to humid, damp mosquito infested air. We've always wanted to come down their and live but I have been with UPS for twelve years and would hate to throw it away. UPS likes to make it easy to transfer someone if it benefits them but when someone wants to transfer it's next to impossible.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Cowboy, I'm not sure on your situation since you are management. That being said, you may wanna wait around for somebody to help you...Unlike purplesky, he seems to think that everyone a troll. BTW, purplesky if you can't help anybody out don't post at all. Sounds like to me you have troll issues yourself!:peaceful:

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
i'm a full-time supervisor and my spouse and i want to move to florida but i want to stay with ups. She's in school where we currently live. Knowing how hard it is to transfer, what do i need to do? If she got a job in florida would ups allow me to follow? If she went to school to finish would they let me follow? What if i was accepted at a school in florida? Help!

enroll in a few classes at your destination location, request transfer due to schooling. After transfered cancell your classes!!

Thanks for the information. To be honest that sounds easier than what I would have thought. Are you pretty certain that this would force a transfer? Thanks again-

enroll in a few classes at your destination location, request transfer due to schooling. After transfered cancell your classes!!

That won't work for a full timer...I know of a full time sup that transfered from florida to Washington though. He was a minority and his wife was a high power lawyer.

We don't fit that criteria so I guess back to the drawing board. I wonder if she was offered a job and accepted it there if they would allow me to transfer.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Look through policies on UPSers.com. I know I saw something on there about it once, but either I'm blocked from seeing it now because of my (lack of) status in the co., or it was removed.
Or maybe you're lucky enough to have a helpful HR rep.

LED

2 full-time sups have been transfered out of my building in the past couple of years. Both had working wives who got job transfers. So it can happen.

Talk to your HR person.

rocket man

IF Your a full time sup and you have to ask on this . Then please stay where you are. IF You dont no about transfers then you must not be much of a supervisor. STAY WHERE YOU ARE.