How to Vote?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by flipstyle9, Sep 5, 2012.

1. flipstyle9

flipstyle9 New Member

everyone talks about voting NO in the new contract, how do I vote I am new

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The same as everyone else: "Yes" or "No".

3. TechGrrl

TechGrrl Space Cadet

See what the company is offering, and decide if you like it or not. Go to a union meeting and hear what your peers and union reps are saying, then decide whether what they are saying makes sense to you. Kinda like every other kind of voting: get as much information as you can, judge it for content, and make a decision based on your analysis.

Deciding NOW how to vote is meaningless, since negotiations haven't even started yet, and you don't even know what the opening positions are for both sides.

4. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Wait until your ballot comes in the mail. When it does just follow the directions and vote, it's not rocket science.

5. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Really.

What new contract. Contract talks don't start until Sept 27. We don't know what the company is offering yet. In a couple of months when we know what the company and union hashed out during there talks then you can make a unformed decision. Anyone that says they are voting NO either votes NO on every contract it is blowing smoke.

6. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

Only Union Members are entitled the right to Vote. So if you aren't a member, now is the time to join if you want a voice.

7. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Don't worry it's like your benefits and vacation u don't get the right to vote until you've been employed a year we don't need newbies coming in shaking things up.

8. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Don't worry about it til you hear the words "best and final offer".

9. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

How did that work out for them last time???

10. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

Calling for a 'no' vote before the real negotiations have even begun is ridiculous.