How was your day in the rain East coasters?

westin

My 25 yr old UPS truck handled pretty good under 3 ft of water most of the day. Couldnt of done it with one of the new vehicles as they sit lower to the ground.

westin

The northeaster on NOV. two yrs ago was worst here on my route. It was surreal as I coulda not delivered one stop but delivered everything. Felt like i was in a lake the whole day. couldnt see curbs, streets, bridges were under water. The water was up to my brake and gas pedal most of the day. I remembered looking around at one point and it looked like my ups truck was sitting in the middle of a large lake. Just left it running all day and took my time. Got a little scared here and there but with the help of an occasional person canoeing along, I put the S in service. Wouldnt recommend it but i was pretty confident I'd make it. Sup threatened to fire me if he had to come get me lol. He had no clue how bad it really was.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The northeaster on NOV. two yrs ago was worst here on my route. It was surreal as I coulda not delivered one stop but delivered everything. Felt like i was in a lake the whole day. couldnt see curbs, streets, bridges were under water. The water was up to my brake and gas pedal most of the day. I remembered looking around at one point and it looked like my ups truck was sitting in the middle of a large lake. Just left it running all day and took my time. Got a little scared here and there but with the help of an occasional person canoeing along, I put the S in service. Wouldnt recommend it but i was pretty confident I'd make it. Sup threatened to fire me if he had to come get me lol. He had no clue how bad it really was.

Yeah you could of totaled that truck easily ain't worth it man I would of EC all that.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

BA-LONEY!!

Cementups

Box Monkey
Worked till 5:15 today. Got all of my stops delivered and went around and attempted m pickups but 75% of them were drive-bys of empty parking lots. Though we are right in the path, it was mostly just rain and a little wind. Didn't really pick up till I was off the clock.