How was your Fri july 3rd?

labels_up

Box slinger
From perspective of a hubrat: IT SUCKED. BADLY. Volume was 2/3 of what we've been getting normally, but since nobody on the PD's apparently decided to show up to work, we spent a lot of time staring at stopped belts and stacked boxes on the sort aisle. Didn't help that everything was going to either metro or PD-2 and they, along with small sort, pretty much got annihilated. Ended up getting 5.5 hours, so along with 1.5 hrs of OT from yesterday, at least it'll be a good check.

barnyard

KTM rider
They asked us not to scan any CLO H but to segregate them in the car so that they could scan then when we got back to the center. My on car said it has something to do with cost and making their numbers look good.

I was kind of surprised that we did not do that. My center manager told me that everything CLO H package costs the center $3.00. I'll bet that was the number your on car was referring to.

TB

jason67rs

When I got there my route had 75 stops and 90 pieces. When I got back from the locker room the count was down to zero, "sorry we had to cut it". No problem, made a 10:52 tee time and had a great day of golf.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I wound up having a good day. I had eight hours of work on my area, and a little add/cut at the start of my trace. Got out of the building a little late, only eleven NDAs, and yet another bad dispatch plan. I just stuck with EDD and made more money. It was nice to not have to break off trace since my three pickups were closed.

I got back to the building early with 138 stops off, so I got some guaranteed eight hours money. I had two missed pieces that were way off area I was instructed to delete out of my board. They were to be recorded as closed by somebody else for the benefit of the audit team that came in last night. We all know how important integrity is with numbers.

I finally got my jury duty pay problem fixed. I stood over my supervisor after mentioned something about wanting a green check cut or filing an Article 29 grievance and watched him fix it with payroll. Yesterday was the second pay period my jury duty pay was missed.

Got home early and enjoyed the evening. My wife spent all day with the smoker fired up. The smells of Baby back ribs, sausage, a whole chicken, and a pork butt filled my nostrils when I got out of my vehicle in the driveway. A few ice cold Budweisers complemented the feast.

I hope everyone has a great Fourth of July today.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
we have been doing this for the last 100+ yrs and this must have been the first fourth we have ever had. i wish i could be that bad at my job but they won't let me.... oho well made it home and was able to spend time with my son and watch some fireworks..

Overpaid Union Thug

I had a good day but I was basically running a route and a half. About half of the commercial stops were closed. The second half of the route (from another route) was 95% commercial and most were open. They are always delivered in the mornings so their were plenty of pissed off customers. There were also some pretty cool customers too. The one's thats been dealing with UPS for years. They understood what was going on. The thing that pissed me off about all this is that some of the bid drivers don't even try to turn in their closures. But then again....they still end up on the truck half of the time anyway.

over9five

Staff member
It was a great day! I was thinking about y'all as I was sucking down beer, vacation is great!!!!

Wouldn't affect me anyhow, like JimJimmyJames I am Sun - Thurs.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They totally goat-roped our dispatch, I worked 10.5 and there were plenty of drivers still out when I got back. I really didn't mind though, it was nice to finish out the week with a chunk of OT.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Oh man was it slammed for me..

I've heard they tried to push as much as they could threw because UPS was irate with having to pay people for July 4. I dont know its thats true or not, so dont get to upset just fill me in if that is true.

Around 7:50 the guy who hands out add/cuts to people came over and gave me a pretty large stack or known closed. I spent some time looking for them, found a few but after awhile I had to stop and keep loading. He came in around 8:25 and said to me he didnt expect me to find them because they're were so many. Me and him picked them out and set them aside.

Ontop of the chaos that happens everyday, the amount of responsibilities a night it gets to be a little too much to do every single thing they ask. I know it isnt new to you guys.

Funny, UPS was the only shipping company working that day. Imagen that!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ORLY!?!; said:
Funny, UPS was the only shipping company working that day. Imagen that!

I saw a Fedex Express van pulling into a subdivsion yesterday, I thought they were closed. I didn't see and Fedex Ground or Home Delivery though. I don't know what he was doing, I didn't see any others all day either.

TheDick

I saw a Fedex Express van pulling into a subdivsion yesterday, I thought they were closed. I didn't see and Fedex Ground or Home Delivery though. I don't know what he was doing, I didn't see any others all day either.

The street i deliver the basic pkgs to got pulled cause the DDS on the corner was closed and closes on fri! Oh well more pkgs for the mailman on monday!:happy-very:

FDX xpress where the only ones on the street fri

lazydriver

I had to work Friday, I still had my scheduled N. Carolina loads but my exchange driver only had my Worchester and an empty trailer. Traffic was heavy all night long. Not too many trucks just lots of four wheelers out on the highway. Punched off at 4am today.

Re-Raise

Cut my route and split it among the four bordering routes. I took the one which used to be my bid route 6 years ago along with a portion of my current route. Was fun seeing the people I used to deliver to. Worked out better than I thought.

If they try cutting it again Monday with all the send agains from Friday and all the pick-ups open I will be golfing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were told that FedEx Express would be working but I saw all of the brands out there. We were also told that the Post Office was not running but I saw them out there as well.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
FDX express were in my area too, more than half of comm were closed anyway. Great day, got off early, first time in a long time and family was sure happy. All I could think of was cold beer and babybacks slow cooked just calling my name. I love summer.