How will the new mimimum wage affect UPS?

BananaCat

Is it too early for the teamsters or UPS to plan for the coming years regarding the new pay rate in California? Starting Jan it's a 50 cent increase as well as the following year then $1 raises till it reaches $15 in 2022. By that year I will have finally reached $15/hr through the contracts yearly raises. Does UPS plan to compete for new hires with something more than the standard wage or will it break their bank?

As I understand this new wage means someone flipping hamburgers is just as valuable to their company as a preloader who is solely responsible for a drivers day regarding the load quality. Not to take anything away from hardworkers in the fast food industry, I'm just extremely curious about the future of Brown and it's PTers. Anyone with some insight or has experienced this situation in the past you're welcome to share your thoughts as I'd love to hear it.

UPS will cut more routes, cut 36% of preloaders and drivers by less hiring, and still expect all their numbers to be met with zero safety incidents

Faceplanted

It's sooo simple I can't beliefs half U idiots can't see

Technology is increasing, taking away jobs

Population is growing, less jobs for us to choose from

The vast majority of high paying jobs, degree or no degree are being sent to other countries

The gap between upper management pay and their salves is increasing exponentially.

Take what you want from those 4 comments, it's easy to see what's going on and us as very lucky individuals need to get off our high horses. Most companies can increase minimum wage 50% and still have tons of money, not to mention all assets these crooks are hiding off shore

By The Book

It's sooo simple I can't beliefs half U idiots can't see

Technology is increasing, taking away jobs

Population is growing, less jobs for us to choose from

The vast majority of high paying jobs, degree or no degree are being sent to other countries

The gap between upper management pay and their salves is increasing exponentially.

Take what you want from those 4 comments, it's easy to see what's going on and us as very lucky individuals need to get off our high horses. Most companies can increase minimum wage 50% and still have tons of money, not to mention all assets these crooks are hiding off shore
I'll stay up high on my horse thanks very much. I disagree with your increasing minimum wage comment by 50%. I also disagree with your growing population equals less jobs statement.

Faceplanted

I'll stay up high on my horse thanks very much. I disagree with your increasing minimum wage comment by 50%. I also disagree with your growing population equals less jobs statement.
Us population is growing

Technology is taking away us jobs

Cheap labor from other counties is taking away us jobs

Lack of import tariffs is taking away us jobs

The only sector right now with huge growth is service..... And guess what most service industry people make minimum wage or work for tips. So yes the American work force is growing and there are less FULL TIME jobs to go around. It's simple man

I'm not being totally serious with 50%, that would kill mom and pops, but we can't even comprehend how much equity and cash these big corporations have in the coffers.

Even once great jobs like architects and engineers can be outsourced, the said firm can fly in employees from India or where ever on work visas, and can still cost tons less than an American firm. This is what the world is coming too.... Thanks free trade!!!

Back in the 80s ups was starting employees at 200% minimum wage. They still made money. The same can be done today but that will cut their bonuses

Last edited:

By The Book

Us population is growing

Technology is taking away us jobs

Cheap labor from other counties is taking away us jobs

Lack of import tariffs is taking away us jobs

The only sector right now with huge growth is service..... And guess what most service industry people make minimum wage or work for tips. So yes the American work force is growing and there are less FULL TIME jobs to go around. It's simple man

I'm not being totally serious with 50%, that would kill mom and pops, but we can't even comprehend how much equity and cash these big corporations have in the coffers.

Even once great jobs like architects and engineers can be outsourced, the said firm can fly in employees from India or where ever on work visas, and can still cost tons less than an American firm. This is what the world is coming too.... Thanks free trade!!!
Corporate greed for sure.

Faceplanted

i just read ford is opening a new plant in Mexico. 2000 would be well paying America full time jobs won't come. Free trade!!!

Trump has said he will put a 35% tarrif on them. Why is it that the only guy not funded by big corporations is the only one with common sense.

Hell in a hand basket!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
UPS will cut more routes, cut 36% of preloaders and drivers by less hiring, and still expect all their numbers to be met with zero safety incidents
Don't worry Jeff dbag benzos will have an army of drones flying around and we all will loose our jobs...

underworked1

Healthcare has skyrocketed because its a for profit business that is a necessity for every man , woman and child. And everyone wants a piece of that pie. That's why its so expensive, plain and simple.
"Donate us your blood"...so we can charge the next guy 20K for a transfusion