How Would I Determine Where I'll Land

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Fly713, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Fly713

Fly713 New Member

In my hub there are two centers currently.. But within the next 3-6 months or so there supposed to bring some old routes back that left a few years back and keep all the present ones.. Expand the building and create a 3rd center..... The building how it is currently is split kind of crazy geographically but now there suppose to resolve that issue and create the new center by combining an area of the two old centers and the new routes will be retained by an existing center...

My question is how do I determine where I will go? I'm in the Group that Zip Codes are allegedly going to the new center so I assume that's where I'll land.... But because I'm an unassigned full time driver does that even matter?

Sent using BrownCafe App
  2. 30 to life

30 to life Active Member

The magic 8 ball said who the hell knows it's ups
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. You will go,wherever the Brown truck takes you!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Your situation is covered in your local supplement. Get it out and read it.
  5. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

No it isn't. This is ish that ups does all the time. It is not in master or supplement stating specific rules on this subject. Same as the bs bids that get posted stating " subject to extreme change or disillusion .
  6. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Just show up where they tell you to show up. End of story. The checks cash from either center
  7. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

tie your shoes and leave your feelings at home, AND EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT lol.
  8. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

It is in Central States

CHALLY9TX Active Member

By group do you mean center? Seems that they would move cover drivers to the new center based on cover drivers preference. Following seniority of course....

Sent using BrownCafe App
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Cover drivers preference? They will move the cover drivers based on their area knowledge, not personal preference.
  11. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Leave your feelings at home....Lmao....truer words never spoken, Slappy!
  12. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

That is only applicable if you still have feelings; after 30 years, I don't.

sent from my walker on a Sunday morning at the lake, deploy floaties now
  13. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

Lol floaties pics or its not true!
  14. Fly713

Fly713 New Member

Well our centers are seperated by groups (zips) so the group that in is supposed to be part of the new center forming.... Our center has 5 groups it's fairly big has 150+ drivers

Sent using BrownCafe App
  15. Fly713

Fly713 New Member

And I was a cover driver that just went full time... So now I'm just unassigned ft for now

Sent using BrownCafe App

CHALLY9TX Active Member

Not in our hub.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  17. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Eva Mendez Has A Nice (_!_)

In the past unassigned fulltime drivers in my area have been allowed to follow work that was moved to another building because none of the bid drivers wanted to move. Sounds like things have changed since then.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  18. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

When UPS opened a new building near here entire centers moved and everyone in that center had to go. The only way to stay was to win a bid on a route in a center that wasn't moving. Those all got snatched up by very senior drivers. After the move then it was possible but difficult to bid back to the original building if it was a city wide bid.
  19. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

20. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Normally you follow your work. In this case being a cover guy you'll go wherever they need you, possibly on the routes you already know so they have less training to do.