How would you quit UPS?

BrownArmy

Starting this thread to re-rail another thread...

To piggy-back on the OP,

What is the proper channel for a five-year driver to quit?

(I've always wondered...)

center manager? DM? HR?

Help me flesh out my fantasy...

So if you were going to quit, how would you do it?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep I just want to show up work and in 25 years retire. Unfortunately ups isn't that simple.

I'm not a quitter by heart and would never leave anyone hanging. I'd try to give them at least a months notice.

jaker

trolling
You know I really don't know , I don't know if I would start off small like no call no shows and speak up at pcms

Refusing to take my route out with anything over what I think I should have , extra long lunches build it all up and then walk in with fingers to the sky saying kiss my ***** am out b!tches

Brownslave688

I do know the last 5-10 years will probably be most enjoyable for me. Strictly because I won't NEED the job anymore and I could realistically walk at any point.

Jobs are more enjoyable once u don't need them.

BrownArmy

I would definitely have a sit-down with the center manager and explain that the job just wasn't working for me anymore...

"It's not you, it's me". :wink2:

"I'm not trying to Eff you here, but I'm actually quitting right now".

I imagine it would be much like the conversation you have with (whomever) calls you on your day-off/vacation-day etc... 'but we really neeeeeeed you'.

Brownslave688

I would definitely have a sit-down with the center manager and explain that the job just wasn't working for me anymore...

"It's not you, it's me". :wink2:

"I'm not trying to Eff you here, but I'm actually quitting right now".

I imagine it would be much like the conversation you have with (whomever) calls you on your day-off/vacation-day etc... 'but we really neeeeeeed you'.

Hope I don't derail the thread but last option day I took I was denied. Well I was going out of town for a long weekend. Eventually late Thursday they said your good you'll have tomorrow off.

8 am my phone rings next day. Sup said thought I'd let u know we got u the day off. I said good thing cause I'm 6 hours away.

When I got back that sup told me they actually forgot about a route and at 9:30 with it sitting at the building another sup was screaming at him to give him my number. He said he's out of town won't do any good. I guess this went on awhile this driver sup was hell bent that he could get me to come in lol.

BrownArmy

This week, the center manager's calling a driver who just had a kid, and the driver has the 'I-just-had-a-kid' type of leave, but the center manager's asking him:

"Can you work?"...

feeder05

Well I am in feeders for the last nine years. If I would to quit and could I would bring my uniforms in two hours before my start time and say" I am done, have a nice life" and walk out. If I do not give at least two hours warning the Manager could take down the run. Not exciting but leaving non the less...

Justaname

When I quit this place I won't need a resume, I'll need a little umbrella and sunscreen.
I'm only five years in pt. I'm planning the long haul, but opportunities have knocked on my door a couple of times already. It's getting harder and harder to say no. It's funny when people think 5 years is a long time with a company I tell them it's about 1 year on a ups calendar.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I will make sure all my pension paperwork is in order, then give 2 weeks written notice. And I will continue busting my ass and giving a fair days work for a fair days pay during that final 2 weeks. After 30+ years I will want to leave on good terms, even if I am the only one who wlll notice or care.

Show up like normal grab my board, manifest, put ice in my cooler, set up my radio and leave. Then as im approaching my first air stop i'll simply park the truck and hop into a waiting car and drive off into the sunset :peaceful: This is my "if i won the lottery fantasy"

Nimnim

The Nim
On my last day, quit or retire, I plan on taking the sign off the LP office that says "Loss Prevention" and see if I can get out with it.