How would you quit UPS?

screamin chicken

I just would finish the day before and never return the next morn, I would then show up around 10 am to return all my uniforms in a pile in the parking lot, then a a few good words, and a possible finger or two......

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We had a driver take his route out, come back later that morning and park the truck. Didn't say a word to anyone. Left. The truck sat there for the longest time before someone realized it was there.

Rico

We had a driver take his route out, come back later that morning and park the truck. Didn't say a word to anyone. Left. The truck sat there for the longest time before someone realized it was there.

We had a guy do that during peak. Decided he wanted his job back mid-January. Besides, though it seems like a big middle finger to management, it really just screws the guys and gals that you work with who have to put in extra hours to clean up the mess..

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I would get the route that went the farthest from the building. I would then drive to the point on that route that was as far as I could get away from the center. I would lock my keys, send a message to center "I QUIT", and lock that diad board in the back.
Then call my wife to come and get me...........

TxRoadDawg

I'd make dam sure I burned every day off I had first and foremost. I know 4 people that ups had the balls to either not pay off vacation to or tried to go back into their checking accounts and take money back from them without authorization. beyond that lets just say I would set the standard to be talked about for years at corporate...

cantDRthis

A good way for a 5yr driver to quit? Make them fire you, since they wanna disipline us all the time. Get your vacation pay and unemployment pay it's yours. As far as a reference goes they will confirm whether you worked there or not and if they would rehire you.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Well...I think I'd take a ride down the longest belt in a hub tub, pour any liquid I find into a drain, walk on every belt, chute and roller I can find, go into the package service center and guzzle the broken bottles of wine that are always there, load hazmats together, and for the finale, run two non power steering package cars into one another.

Re-Raise

You know I really don't know , I don't know if I would start off small like no call no shows and speak up at pcms

Refusing to take my route out with anything over what I think I should have , extra long lunches build it all up and then walk in with fingers to the sky saying kiss my ***** am out b!tches
That sounds kind of like what I do now.

WorknLateHuh

^^ This is true... Have 7 or 8 of my friends follow me to the center's gas pumps after the pcm. Top off all of them as the on-roads just stand there staring with their mouths wide open.

code5

After 18 years as a driver at UPS, I did quit - 9 months ago. I left with class. Gave a full 2 weeks notice, enjoyed my customers and coworkers in that time. Made sure I said only positive things too. Glad I did too cause I occasionally go into the center for a quick visit and am greeted with smiles by everyone. I left for a job with better hours and slightly less pay. To each their own.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I do plan on giving my wife a uniform and having her meet me out on route and then hop on car with me for the last hour or so of my day. I would like her to be able to take a picture of me delivering the last, final package of my 30+ year career and to share that moment with me, plus be able to experience firsthand what its like inside of a package car. Yes, I know its against the rules to have an unauthorized passenger, but it will be for the last hour of my last day out in the middle of a rural area. What are they gonna do, fire me?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I do plan on giving my wife a uniform and having her meet me out on route and then hop on car with me for the last hour or so of my day. I would like her to be able to take a picture of me delivering the last, final package of my 30+ year career and to share that moment with me, plus be able to experience firsthand what its like inside of a package car. Yes, I know its against the rules to have an unauthorized passenger, but it will be for the last hour of my last day out in the middle of a rural area. What are they gonna do, fire me?

and im sure ups will be out there on your last day doing an observation to see if you are grabbing the handrail and have your flashers on...wouldnt surprise me one bit...but great idea about mrs. sober, but you should let her ride all day and put her to work on your pickups..lol

browntroll

Well...I think I'd take a ride down the longest belt in a hub tub, pour any liquid I find into a drain, walk on every belt, chute and roller I can find, go into the package service center and guzzle the broken bottles of wine that are always there, load hazmats together, and for the finale, run two non power steering package cars into one another.
this is perfect lol, sad part is i walk on moving belts, chutes and rollers. i somehow end up having leaking hazmats(hazmat guy doesnt like me) every day. i would love to have
some fun with the little carts they drive inside the hub just have a bunch of packages in the back and toss them at ppl while yelling "ups drive by"

barnyard

KTM rider
We had 1 driver that just quit showing up. His wife had a fantastic job and they moved and after 1 day, he decided it was too far to commute. A PTer had been getting more and more irritated with her treatment by her supe. 1 day he pushed too far and at the top of her lungs yelled, "Eff you. I quit effective right now."

She went to the CMs office and told him. Reportedly, he begged her to stay through peak. She said that after meeting with him over and over about her abusive supe and him doing nothing, she felt she had no recourse but to leave them with no notice.

Every one else has given plenty of notice.

TxRoadDawg

The best ones are the ones called into the office and find the next time the door opens its not a sup and steward, its a pair of badges LOL