How would you sheet a RTS delivery that asks for COD?

By The Book

Question for Overpaid?

I am not clear on how you are getting past the screen that prompts you to enter the Cod amount. Are you typing in a non- entry reason on line 2, or do you have some sequence of key strokes that takes you beyond that screen with no entry on line 1 or 2?
If you've been sheeting business stops as NI instead of CLO, you should not be taking Overpaid to task for anything. Your flash in the pan center manager was just that. You can go back to sheeting business stops as CLO like they are supposed to.

Z

ZQXC

If you've been sheeting business stops as NI instead of CLO, you should not be taking Overpaid to task for anything. Your flash in the pan center manager was just that. You can go back to sheeting business stops as CLO like they are supposed to.

They are NI at the moment I'm there, and I work as directed.

And after 31 years of this insanity, I no longer give a FF about anything.

BrownArmy

Correct. I put business.

We get warning letters for that here...

It really is true, work as you are (personally) directed.

I'm sure there are things that the drivers in my center are instructed to do that wouldn't fly elsewhere.

It is what it is.

oldngray

nowhere special
NI vs CLO goes back to the days of sheeting on paper. There was no way to tag it as commercial or residential when you completed a stop like you do with a DIAD so using CLO designated it as a commercial stop.

Overpaid Union Thug

I have went into package info and designated the package as a return . It's been a while since I've had that happen though. Several years probably. There is a route here that gets one of those at least once a week and I don't run that route any more. The first time I scanned one I had to call the on car and ask how to proceed. I remember him asking me if package info was available as a soft key when I scan it and it was. He seemed excited for that and then said press it and then read what was available. "Return" or "Return to Sender" or something like that was available and he sounded excited again when I told him that and he told me to sheet them that way whenever that soft key is available. Based on his excitement about the results I think it's more than fair to assume that the clerk in the center the COD came from probably has something to do with the results. Who knows for sure.

The sure thing is that it ended up that way every time for me so far. I've never had to enter a COD amount for a returned COD. I don't care if it matches what other centers are doing. All I know is that here, where I work, we are told to proceed a certain way and I comply until instructed otherwise or, when I find out for sure it's the wrong way and it can get me in trouble for continuing to follow that instruction. I still haven't seen anything in writing to confirm the latter. I have to go by what is expected of me here.

I would never advise that someone do that. Please don't put such BS words in my mouth.