How's the ride?

B

BPaul00

I've found that if you position the seat in a "lean forward" position it helps with everything. It so totally feels awkward at first but give it a go and see!

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've found that if you position the seat in a "lean forward" position it helps with everything. It so totally feels awkward at first but give it a go and see!

My seat is at a complete 90º angle with the seat base parallel to the floor. Cover drivers ask how I can sit like that. I tell them, see me in 10-15 years and tell how bad your back hurts and I'll remind you how you ride around with the seat leaned back like you're driving a hoopty mobile.

CharleyHustle

I've driven quite a few of the new 800. We have one that is brutal bounces all over squeaks something awful.

There is no way that's right for a new vehicle.

I got a new 800 a couple years ago and asked the mechanic about all the squeaks, he said give it a year or so until the dirt and dust fills up all the cracks and crevices. Sure enough, a year or so later and the squeaks have all but disappeared.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
There is only one variable, the forward and rearward
slide rail. However, the rearward range is useless because it interferes with the opening of the bulkhead door. Any movement forward, and you are too close to the steering wheel placing your knees at an uncomfortable angle to operate the pedals.

Most of the old 800's have a gash cut in the bulkhead door because drivers will slide the seat back as far as possible.

Last edited:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
There is only one variable, the forward and rearward
slide rail. However, the rearward range is useless because it interferes with the opening of the bulkhead door. Any movement forward, and you are too close to the steering wheel placing your knees at an uncomfortable angle to operate the pedals.

Most of the old 800's have a gash cut in to the bulkhead door because drivers will slide the seat back as far as possible.
They would have been so much better with the bulkhead moved back 1 inch, PS and an automatic .The parts existed to make them PS, but that was a NO GO area.