How's the view thread question

iamupser

Grease Monkey
You know, we had a PCM the other day, and some of the bullets I remembered went something like this:

• Over the past decades as technology has evolved to become a part of everyday life, businesses have had to adjust compliance rules to meet the changing landscape.
  • For reasons of security, personal safety, integrity and privacy, UPS has firm business rules concerning employee usage of recording devices inside the workplace. The workplace refers to all UPS property, including buildings, aircraft and on-road vehicles.
  • According to the UPS Information Use and Security Compliance (IUSC) website ," The use of all recording devices in any UPS facility for anything other than authorized business purposes is prohibited. Employees may possess cell phones with cameras, or other devices capable of recording pictures, video, or audio, while on UPS facilities provided that the recording capabilities are not used."
  • Please be aware that this business rule has been, and remains, in place for all UPS employees

Anyone else get that?

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Yeah, they asked me to sign it, sounded too much like a Collective Bargaining Issue for me to sign. Did you get a PCM and asked to sign something like this recently?

tourists24

of course, if they come on here to try and get evidence, they better know who it is they are coming after.... I dont know how many UPSers with the last name Cementups, etc lol

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
[*] ....For reasons of security, personal safety, integrity and privacy, UPS has firm business rules concerning employee usage of recording devices inside the workplace. The workplace refers to all UPS property, including buildings, aircraft and on-road vehicles......

I guess that means that if I want to take a picture of my crappy load, I will have to open the rear door and step outside of the package car first.

In all seriousness, I take a picture any time the load is bad enough to significantly slow me down. I also keep a daily log of stops, miles, hours worked, SPORH and any delays I encountered on route. With production harassment already at an all-time high, it is a precaution that every driver should take.

satellitedriver

Did I miss something?
UPS can record my every action, but I can not record anything that involves UPS?
I am a Mid-Century relic American / Texan and I still play by the rule of tit for tat.
If UPS does not want their tender under belly shown publicly, they should not show it privately to their employees.
Disclosure of any internal sensitive info concerning UPS's future plans should be protected.
What is at stake is UPS trying to keep a public personae vs the crap that actually goes on.
Simply put, we are an ethical company to our employees and our customers, or we are not.
Only our corporate leaders can make that call.

JonFrum

Thre's lots of things UPS can not tell us to do, or not do, even if we are on duty and on property. Their authority is limited by THE LAW. So I'm wondering if UPS really has the legal right to ban all recording. I realize some recording may be prohibited, but I doubt all.

Besides, aren't enforcing the Contract, and documenting circumstances relating to actual and potential grievances and discipline, "authorized business purposes?" The Company did agree to the Contract, after all. That's why its called an Agreement.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If I ever get dragged 'upstairs', again, I'm recording. I don't really care what anyone else says, as it isn't anyone else's job on the line.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
The funny thing is, that after a manager was "paranoid" over my phone, this PCM came out RIGHT AFTER!

IF UPS was as ethical as they claim to be, there wouldn't be an issue would there? They record their workers when it's convenient for them, we should have the same RIGHT!