How's the view???........

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpg

wayfair

swollen member
I was always amazed when a dog was actually tied up. That's just country life

I could never tie a dog up...

Our dog NEVER wears a collar, only when she's walked...
I delivered to a vet clinic wayy back and someone had brought their young Lab in who got hung up on a fence.... sad story

rod

Retired 22 years
I could never tie a dog up...

Our dog NEVER wears a collar, only when she's walked...
I delivered to a vet clinic wayy back and someone had brought their young Lab in who got hung up on a fence.... sad story

Country dogs are rarely tied up around here. That being said there is always someone complaining about their dog getting caught in a trap, or shot while chasing deer or getting ran over while chasing cars. If you dog runs loose you also have to accept that bad things happen to dogs running wild. Contrary to what a lot of people believe--if you aren't home your dog is probably scouting out the neighborhood while you are gone and not just sleeping on the porch all day. We also have lots of little fluffy dogs killed by fox, wolves and eagles. my neighbor just lost his Boston Terrier when he let it out to pee. He was standing in his doorway waiting to let it back in when he heard it being attacked in the woods. All he found a few days later were pieces and parts.

wayfair

swollen member
Country dogs are rarely tied up around here. That being said there is always someone complaining about their dog getting caught in a trap, or shot while chasing deer or getting ran over while chasing cars. If you dog runs loose you also have to accept that bad things happen to dogs running wild. Contrary to what a lot of people believe--if you aren't home your dog is probably scouting out the neighborhood while you are gone and not just sleeping on the porch all day.

I understand!

on My previous route, there was a vicious Doberman that was always tied up to, maybe a 15 foot chain on his dog house... dude didn't want to play, if he did, he played ruff...
he was killed by coyotes... poor guy. I always threw biscuits to him.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Country dogs are rarely tied up around here. That being said there is always someone complaining about their dog getting caught in a trap, or shot while chasing deer or getting ran over while chasing cars. If you dog runs loose you also have to accept that bad things happen to dogs running wild. Contrary to what a lot of people believe--if you aren't home your dog is probably scouting out the neighborhood while you are gone and not just sleeping on the porch all day. We also have lots of little fluffy dogs killed by fox, wolves and eagles. my neighbor just lost his Boston Terrier when he let it out to pee. He was standing in his doorway waiting to let it back in when he heard it being attacked in the woods. All he found a few days later were pieces and parts.
A woman on my route has a big dog the color of a deer that runs around loose. She put a small cow bell on his collar so he doesn't get shot by hunters.

rod

Retired 22 years
A woman on my route has a big dog the color of a deer that runs around loose. She put a small cow bell on his collar so he doesn't get shot by hunters.

Around here they shoot cows and horses thinking they are deer so I don't think the cow bell trick would work. During deer season anything that moves is fair game---sometimes that includes humans too.

AKCoverMan

Around here they shoot cows and horses thinking they are deer so I don't think the cow bell trick would work. During deer season anything that moves is fair game---sometimes that includes humans too.
After the 13th MGD it's hard to tell. Shoot first ask questions later!