How's the view???........

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
A pkg driver in the Bay Area wired his car stereo to the truck and left it hooked up throughout the night. Guy didn't know what he was doing and it shorted out and caught fire inside the bldg. Burned his truck down and the ones parked on either side of it. Luckily car wash was still there and were able to contain it.
You know I hear this story a lot it kind of reminds me of the story of the guy who did his route and took the truck home... you hear it but you could never find anyone to actually confirm it.

rod

Retired 22 years
More or less. Short in the wiring.

A center close to me has had 2 MAJOR fires in the last 15 years or so. Both caused by truck wiring overheating in the middle of the night. The last one they had the FBI, the state arson squad and the local FD arson squad and dozens of UPS big shots checking it out because no one could believe it could happen by accident 2 times. It was ruled accidental.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
A stuck starter solenoid does not just "happen" but would/should have been noticed by the driver during the day and written up for the mechanic to repair/replace.

Your claim that a package car parked in the lineup with no know mechanical issues "all of a sudden" caught on fire is simply false.

When did you get your ASE certification?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Don't they come from the manufacturer with those P-clamps? And can it be fixed at the source?
Yes, they were and have been stock on them for 30 years or more. Haven't found any making trouble on the ones I've been required to remove. The main ones had already been done which had exhibited some chafing. Even some 2015 cars have had some campaigned for P clamp replacement. They haven't gotten the memo.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Yes, they were and have been stock on them for 20 or more. Haven't found any making trouble on the ones I've been required to remove. The main ones had already been done which had exhibited some chafing. Even some 2015 cars have had some campaigned for P clamp replacement. They haven't gotten the memo.
Batten down the hatches bro.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
image.jpg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
High enough this knucklehead should have known better. Probably 3 feet from the ground. Less than 20k miles on that one. Reman engines are never as good.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1476499680.415540.jpg

This is the view I never get tired off. I helped put that leather Circle of Honor jacket on my Shop Steward this morning. That's his son on the left and dad on the right. He is also on the Safety Committee with me besides being the best Steward in our building. One thing I will say for my current Center Manager, he puts on a great induction ceremony.

Last edited: