hp toner cartridges return in VA.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Just curious if there is anyone on here who works in or near the hub that processes all of those ARS toner boxes that we all pick up throughout the workweek. I imagine there could be trailers of these things being returned in a typical week...anyone have any info on this?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
right after I typed the first post there were 4 ads that appeared trying to sell ink and toner...I am so sick of seeing all of these google ads on every site I visit...especially if its the brown bailout or I love logistics ups slogan that seems to pop up on many sites I go to outside of this one. Is it me or are these ads getting out of control??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Someone's got to pay the bills!

I don't even see the ads...just static or noise.

Unless you're willing to pony up some $ to make this site run...

Its not the ads in general, just the way your past surfing preferences can follow you around from site to site...

BrownArmy

Do a google search for "internet anonymity".

Use your browser's privacy functions, clear your cache, etc...

Limiting your internet explorations and being really careful will only get you so far...in the same way this site is partially paid for by Google Ads, the entire internet is partially paid for by Google Ads x one million...

(p.s. the best way to be anonymous is to be just like everyone else...)

(p.p.s. sorry to hijack your toner thread...)

Nimnim

The Nim
I don't know about individual boxes, but I occasionally see burlap sacks full of them buggers coming through that I get to move as an irreg driver. I never paid attention to where they were going as a whole, but if I remember I can take note for you.

cosmictrucker

counting the months
I've made a trip or two to the recycling center in VA. What's your question? We do send hundreds of trailer loads a month there, and we're the primary return shipping Co. I don't see these used toner cartridges as a threat since they are strictly ground with no time in shipping guarantee.

Just curious if there is anyone on here who works in or near the hub that processes all of those ARS toner boxes that we all pick up throughout the workweek. I imagine there could be trailers of these things being returned in a typical week...anyone have any info on this?

tieguy

Banned

recycling plant near richmond. Burtonsville and richmond are the primary hubs feeding it. The location is big enough to have its own slic. On the average they process 10 to 15 loads a day containing 5 to 7 thousand toner cartridges. packages do not have a due date to them. however we are expected to keep them loaded up with enough trailers to meet specific process goals. We have people in virginia responsbile for making sure the customer has enough trailers to process daily and to ensure the equipment out of there is balanced.

RustyPMcG

Its not the ads in general, just the way your past surfing preferences can follow you around from site to site...

In the case of Google AdSense, the content of the page they appear on is scanned, not your browsing history.

While I certainly think the Brown Bailout stuff is misleading, and even a bit offensive because of my perspective, it warms my heart to think that everytime someone clicks on their ad they're being charged for it even though the person clicking on it can't be converted to their view.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
recycling plant near richmond. Burtonsville and richmond are the primary hubs feeding it. The location is big enough to have its own slic. On the average they process 10 to 15 loads a day containing 5 to 7 thousand toner cartridges. packages do not have a due date to them. however we are expected to keep them loaded up with enough trailers to meet specific process goals. We have people in virginia responsbile for making sure the customer has enough trailers to process daily and to ensure the equipment out of there is balanced.

I was just curious since we all probably pick up a few of them in a typical week...

cosmictrucker

counting the months
I was once told we earn between $3.50 - $5.00 per box. Some thought we were doing this for free or at cost. Turns out to be one of the best accounts VA has.