hr break during peak

fedupforsure

We need to get people to band together and demand their hr break during peak. EVERYONE!!!!!! this is the only way to fight this bs policy

5yearsleft

The difference is that we are FORCED to take an hour break if we go over 8 hours, instead of the normal 1/2 hour that's required. During peak, they throw the 1 hour break out the window(for THEIR convenience) usually because they need to have trucks back for the night side. This is where we need to all take 1 hour breaks even when they say we don't need to.

Sniper

You KNOW it....ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY the hour break will be in good in December if it is the other 11 months of the year. Rest assured the 01's will pile up but that's what i really think they want.

fedupforsure

also durin late frt days..ALWAYS take your hr break even when they say it is waved..its the only way we can win this battle..no trucks for the night shift......................................bummer

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The difference is that we are FORCED to take an hour break if we go over 8 hours, instead of the normal 1/2 hour that's required. During peak, they throw the 1 hour break out the window(for THEIR convenience) usually because they need to have trucks back for the night side. This is where we need to all take 1 hour breaks even when they say we don't need to.

Exactly. They do whatever suits them, and they could really care less about you. I'm hearing that the 1 hour is "policy" is some locations and a directive in others. At our location, we are told it is policy, but someone recently fought (and won) an OLCC argument because it turns out it is really a directive. If it were policy, the OLCC would not have been thrown-out.

Bankrupt

You KNOW it....ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY the hour break will be in good in December if it is the other 11 months of the year. Rest assured the 01's will pile up but that's what i really think they want.
Peak was about 4days long at our station last year if the 53 wasn't after 10 most days I probably could have made service. Nothing close to years past.

StuffItFred

Funny story sort of unrelated. But has to do with the 1hr break.
So a "seasoned" courier with around 10+yrs of employment volunteered to cover a route on Saturday last week. He went out with 37 stops, took a one hour break onroad and had about 18 or more lates! When asked why he took an hour break on Saturday he was told he was full time and was required to take 1hr so he did. And not within his first or last hour.

When he told me about it earlier this week I almost collapsed from laughter! The manager's face at "stretch & flex" Monday morning after going over the previous weeks performance was priceless!

Bravo Zulu to him!! I'd give him a Golden Falcon!

MaineGroundDriver

Funny story sort of unrelated. But has to do with the 1hr break.
So a "seasoned" courier with around 10+yrs of employment volunteered to cover a route on Saturday last week. He went out with 37 stops, took a one hour break onroad and had about 18 or more lates! When asked why he took an hour break on Saturday he was told he was full time and was required to take 1hr so he did. And not within his first or last hour.

When he told me about it earlier this week I almost collapsed from laughter! The manager's face at "stretch & flex" Monday morning after going over the previous weeks performance was priceless!

Bravo Zulu to him!! I'd give him a Golden Falcon!

​That's hilarious!