HR lying

Anvilandforge

No seasonal agreement listed. As I said, we were all hired for "permanent positions". No one even knew what I was talking about when I mentioned " black out" or "free period". I was told that doesn't apply to every location.

anytime I go to HR they redirect me to UPSers.com, makes me wonder why they even have a job.
That's based on the questions you are asking. UPSers has been redesigned so perhaps ones hiring paperwork is now listed there. But I know for certain as it relates to this topic, one can review their paperwork by logging on to the job application site.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Don't be sorry for me. I've been in small sort everyday...Feel sorry for the loaders/unloaders who busted their ass everyday for dirt pay and a final check.
Hold up....do I know you?? Are you little miss Ghetto Priss with 5 NC/NS in the last few weeks....who disappears to the bathroom for 20 min clips at a time and bitches because you have to work on Saturdays and we don't? Do you honestly think someone like that deserves a permanent position?? Never gonna happen.

No seasonal agreement listed. As I said, we were all hired for "permanent positions". No one even knew what I was talking about when I mentioned " black out" or "free period". I was told that doesn't apply to every location.
Well perhaps you were misinformed. The question now becomes do you A stick it out and continued to collect your checks well looking for another job just in case you are let go? Or do you B walk off and be unemployed now and risk not being even in the position to be considered for a permanent position? I would recommend plan B especially since everyone else is leaving, you could possibly be kept after peak by default.

Anvilandforge

Hold up....do I know you?? Are you little miss Ghetto Priss with 5 NC/NS in the last few weeks....who disappears to the bathroom for 20 min clips at a time and bitches because you have to work on Saturdays and we don't? Do you honestly think someone like that deserves a permanent position?? Never gonna happen.

No.

UPSGUY72

Nope. They filled out union papers and everything. They were all told they were permanent. They're just going to lay them off indefinitely is what I'm told by everyone.

They are not permanent until they make there 30 days and they can't make there 30 days during peak or other words known as the free period and the free period ends January 15th..

Even if they made there 30 days they could still get laid off for months before that got called back..

Anvilandforge

I mean, that's unfortunate and all..But why the :censored2: do they have to lie about it? I'm gonna stick it out because unlike a lot of people I work with I don't mind working my ass off. It would just be nice to have decent compensation in the form of a permanent job to show for it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I mean, that's unfortunate and all..But why the :censored2: do they have to lie about it? I'm gonna stick it out because unlike a lot of people I work with I don't mind working my ass off. It would just be nice to have decent compensation in the form of a permanent job to show for it.
You work in small sort....you have no idea what working your ass off at UPS means. And you are entitled to nothing.

Anvilandforge

You work in small sort....you have no idea what working your ass off at UPS means. And you are entitled to nothing.

:censored2: you. You don't know me. I've done almost every single part time job available in that building, and I've done it well and with ease. Don't tell me what I'm entitled to or not. I'm not actually complaining about my job, I'm complaining about a dishonest tactic used by an apparently desperate HR team. I wouldn't be complaining if I had the pay rate and benefits half the people on this forum don't seem to appreciate.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
:censored2: you. You don't know me. I've done almost every single part time job available in that building, and I've done it well and with ease. Don't tell me what I'm entitled to or not. I'm not actually complaining about my job, I'm complaining about a dishonest tactic used by an apparently desperate HR team. I wouldn't be complaining if I had the pay rate and benefits half the people on this forum don't seem to appreciate.
If that were so...how did you end up in small sort within a few weeks of being hired? Seasonals are sent to small sort when they can't hack it anywhere else. I loaded package cars for years....I earned my pay rate and benefits from hard work and sweat and have no problem getting paid to take it easy in small sort now. You are entitled to nothing.

UPSGUY72

Not dishonest they hired you as a permanent employee. However UPS is a union shop and you have to make seniority in order to become permanent employee. If you read the contract you would know that you can't make seniority at this time of the year until after Jan 15th. It's not HR responsibility to inform of the details of the contract it is your responsibility to know the contract for witch you work under.