HR management approval for hire.

SFBayUPSer

Hello everyone,

I searched around but couldn't find anything for this specific question.

I had an interview 3 weeks to the day tomorrow. My backround has been pending since then, and today the HR person called and told me that his manager would need to approve my backround in order to be hired. I had discussed with him at (short) length my backround and he said it would not be an issue, and that my backround WOULD probably take an extended time, but that he would hire me.

So now im at a loss, theres nothing I lied about, because theres not much to lie about.

Any idea's?

raceanoncr

Lie, you'll probably get whisked into management immediately!!!

Seriously, in some parts of the nation, there has been hiring freeze because of this little thing they call "The Economy". Some parts of UPS are actually laying off. Don't know how business is in your part of country but it may, notice I said MAY, take longer until "The Economy" picks up.

drewed

Shankman
Yea I wouldnt worry about it too much, ALOT of comapnies arent hiring currently UPS is one of the few major companies that are. Follow up in a day or two, sometimes BG checks come back with things that you never would have thought of.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Our hub has been hiring and promoting P/T sups left and right. Literally anyone can get in ( shows in a few cases). Like others said, be patient with the economy and everything in the next few months. There may be a stall but just check up every once in a while to remind them you're interested and you should have no problems if you have a clean background.

Background checks can not automatically disqualify an individual from a package handling position at UPS. With that being said, they ask the question for a reason. If there is something that shows up on a background check, the company has to make a decision on weather or not they believe this employee could become a negative liability for the company. The individual that interviewed you will not be the person making the decision, it will be the WFPM. They may even need to get approval from security.

I worked two days before I even submitted my info for the back ground check. In fact I finished filling out the application on the clock. What, if anything, they ever discovered in the BG check I've never heard. I had twenty years of back ground for them to check, they may still be working on it.

SFBayUPSer

Good new heard today guys, I was called and invited for "Processing". I can only imagine thats a good thing, and not a bad.

Thanks for all your input, it helped ease my thoughts.

What would the recommended dress code for processing be? I would assume dress clothes such as in the interview. Suggestions?

LiL"Comet"

Good new heard today guys, I was called and invited for "Processing". I can only imagine thats a good thing, and not a bad.

Thanks for all your input, it helped ease my thoughts.

What would the recommended dress code for processing be? I would assume dress clothes such as in the interview. Suggestions?

IMPO first impressions are lasting so it's good to dress nice, make sure your 3 piece suit still fits..

Kidding:wink2: dress slacks, nice shirt looks good I always notice the people who want to make a good first impression, but the absolute best advice BE ON TIME!!!

SFBayUPSer

I wore dress slacks & shirt with a tie on my original group interview & tour. So I think I probably will wear my 3 piece suit for this go round. Couldn't hurt right? I still have plenty that fit me, thanksfully I'll be leaving the auto sales industry and can put these suits in the back of my closet again. lol.

Thanks everyone & i'll keep you posted.

SFBayUPSer

Let me know where your making a grand a week selling cars and I'll be there.

The money is just not there right now otherwise I'd work both. Its a waste of time unless you have a draw.

Hopefully when it picks up again, I'll be back to working both. I live in the San Francisco bay area, and 25 dealerships have closed in the past 6 months.

SFBayUPSer

So today was my 10:00 am appointment for processing. But we were told at 11:00 am after an hour of waiting the computers were down, and were told to come back at 1:00 pm.

Upon arrival at 1:00 pm, the HR person proceeded to process everyone but me, and when everyone else was gone he took me aside and said something was wrong with his computer, and that he couldn't access my files, and to give him a call on Monday.

After leaving I talked with a few guys outside who had just been given a start date of Sunday after being processed.

So im pretty bummed. :sad-little:

SFBayUPSer

As advised I called this morning and was told the same thing as on Thursday. For some reason the HR guy cannot process me. He said he WAS able to process EVERYONE else exept me. Im hoping something didn't get me held up, but thats apparently what has happened. Hopefully he will resolve it as he told me to call back this afternoon.

More disappointed.