HR Numbers in Tampa & Orlando FL

BrownHumor

Preloader
Hi all,

I'm looking for the phone numbers for the HR dept. in Tampa and Orlando, Fla. My family is looking to relocate and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row.

Yes I have looked at UPSjobs.com, but it won't let you apply for any positions if you are a current UPS employee. So that's why I'm looking to speak to someone.

Also, do you think it's worth the time to sign up for a couple college courses and get an education transfer, or just suck it up and quit/rehire? I've only been here 10 months.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

BH

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Hi all,

I'm looking for the phone numbers for the HR dept. in Tampa and Orlando, Fla. My family is looking to relocate and I'm trying to get my ducks in a row.

Yes I have looked at UPSjobs.com, but it won't let you apply for any positions if you are a current UPS employee. So that's why I'm looking to speak to someone.

Also, do you think it's worth the time to sign up for a couple college courses and get an education transfer, or just suck it up and quit/rehire? I've only been here 10 months.

BH

No, drag your feet til you hit a year and sign up for some BS courses. Otherwise, your 10 months of hardwork is for nought in terms of vacations, let alone raises. Good luck! -Rocky

Raw

Raw Member
Hi all,

BH
Tampa area is great! Just quit now and re-apply, we need help here! Us drivers now unload our own pickups after returning from a hard day`s work.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Hi all,

BH
Dont quit, it will take you 2.5 years to get medical for your family, your over a third of the way. Listen to rocky.

LKLND3380

Hi all,

BH

The transfer must be initiated by your current HR rep...
You have only been there ten months - you are not elligible for transfer

ARTICLE 22. PART-TIME EMPLOYEES
Section 6 - Part-time Employee Transfer

Part-time employees who wish to transfer to another location for educational purposes may submit a written request to the Employer. If approved, the transfer shall be allowed subject to the following conditions:

A. A part-time opening exists at the desired location.

B. Employees must have attained seniority and been employed by the Employer for at least one (1) year.

C. Job Classification Seniority shall be end-tailed.

D. Company seniority shall be retained for the purpose of number of weeks of vacation, and number of holidays in accordance with the applicable Supplement at the new location.

E. Any expenses, including moving expenses associated with an approved transfer, shall be the responsibility of the employee."

BrownHumor

Preloader
The transfer must be initiated by your current HR rep...
You have only been there ten months - you are not elligible for transfer

ARTICLE 22. PART-TIME EMPLOYEES
Section 6 - Part-time Employee Transfer

Part-time employees who wish to transfer to another location for educational purposes may submit a written request to the Employer. If approved, the transfer shall be allowed subject to the following conditions:

A. A part-time opening exists at the desired location.

B. Employees must have attained seniority and been employed by the Employer for at least one (1) year.

C. Job Classification Seniority shall be end-tailed.

D. Company seniority shall be retained for the purpose of number of weeks of vacation, and number of holidays in accordance with the applicable Supplement at the new location.

E. Any expenses, including moving expenses associated with an approved transfer, shall be the responsibility of the employee."

Yeah, I knew all that but thanks anyway.

We're not actually moving for 6 months to a year (depending on how certain court proceedings turn out). I'm just trying to find out whats available.

I think I'm leaning towards signing up for some courses (maybe industrial engineering and joining the dark side, haha) and going ahead with a edu. transfer.

Still looking for those HR numbers!!! Any opinions out there on best places to work, Tampa, Lakeland, Orlando, etc.

Thanks for all your help!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

We're not actually moving for 6 months to a year (depending on how certain court proceedings turn out). I'm just trying to find out whats available.

I think I'm leaning towards signing up for some courses (maybe industrial engineering and joining the dark side, haha) and going ahead with a edu. transfer.

Still looking for those HR numbers!!! Any opinions out there on best places to work, Tampa, Lakeland, Orlando, etc.

Let your HR rep deal with the clowns in Florida, BH. I never dealt with HR on the other end of my denied transfer. Dealing with mine was enough!!! And take those IE courses. UPS isn't the only company that needs 'em. I went into a McDonalds in Texas about a month ago and it took FOREVER! When I came out, I grumbled to my Dad, "UPS'ers are always complaining about Industrial Engineering guys. Maybe if we sent a few of 'em here it'd improve the line time" lol. He chuckled. :lol::lol: -Rocky

LKLND3380

IF you call the HR number for Central Florida - Lakeland/Orlando they will tell you to "Submit a request to YOUR HR Rep..." That is IF they answer the phone...

We have a pretty good turn over rate and have about three to four new hires every two months...