HR

UPSGUY72

Our HR person covers three building all 50 miles apart in a triangle formation. There are 246 + FT and 90 + PT union employees between the three buildings. However she retired at the end of last year and I haven't seen her replacement.

Last edited:

Packmule

HR in our area is kind of like everything else; managed from far far away by people who hardly know how to find us on the map

rod

Retired 22 years
That's because in your day, they were called Personnel.

I never delt with anyone from Personnel either. A friend called me one night and said his boss at UPS needed someone real quick (next morning at like 5:00 a.m.). I showed up at work and the lead delivery driver of the center (our center manager at that time had 2 centers to manage and we very seldom saw him-never on Mon or Fri.) trained me on how to unload a feeder and do porter work. It was like 2 or 3 days later I met the boss-signed some papers and I was an official UPS part time employ. I never went to UPS School then or when I went full time driving about 3 months later (I used that as an excuse many times over the years when I would get caught doing something not by the book).

iowa boy

HR in our area is kind of like everything else; managed from far far away by people who hardly know how to find us on the map

Our HR dept is exactly like this. Someone from 250 miles away handles our hiring process. The two I've seen so far aren't very good at judging the character of the individuals they hire.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Our HR dept is exactly like this. Someone from 250 miles away handles our hiring process. The two I've seen so far aren't very good at judging the character of the individuals they hire.

the HR people here were good. I don't know what has happened, lately, though.

Why would you hire someone on Workerman's Comp from another job with torn ligaments in your knee to driver help, i.e. run your arse off in and out of the truck with your knee constantly bending, this peak?

iowa boy

the HR people here were good. I don't know what has happened, lately, though.

Why would you hire someone on Workerman's Comp from another job with torn ligaments in your knee to driver help, i.e. run your arse off in and out of the truck with your knee constantly bending, this peak?

Remember ME, the words "common sense" don't apply when talking about UPS.