hub ops

gypsy mcgee

With all the talk of layoffs and such, why are all the sups allowed to work. Everyone is so quick to complain about how bad things are becoming, but no one is brave enough to file on these thieves. I even see sups doing routes because of "too many call-ins" when there are people being sent home. When will we get smart?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

With all the talk of layoffs and such, why are all the sups allowed to work. Everyone is so quick to complain about how bad things are becoming, but no one is brave enough to file on these thieves. I even see sups doing routes because of "too many call-ins" when there are people being sent home. When will we get smart?

When we are the one being sent home.

stopcomplete

Iv'e been really pushing this issue latley and it seams to be working.Full time pre load use to be when short staff sups would do most of the fill in and even when we were not short.Now if we are short i make sure they get on the phone and call people in. At first it would be we called and couldnt get anybody.Then when then could see me talking to these people and checking to see if they got called more calls were made.I friend i see sups working i let them know that unless they have a good reason i will be filing.I for the most part get along with mangement but im not going to be quite while they steal our jobs.To many guys are willing to let them work because it means less for them,in good times this may be not so bad as long as every body is working but not when laying off .We all need to be sure that they are not doing our jobs ,it may mean more work for us but that is what we are looking for and we are payed well to do it.

#1angelfan

why don't you file? don't put it on everybody else. you need to file!!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
you are right!

Document everything you see and file the grievance with the steward.
File everyday and make sure you tell the supervisor you saw him moving packages at 3:57 on the dot and if he continues you will be filing a grievance.

This is a chance for you to make extra money and prove to management that they have to honor the contract. Sometimes it takes the right person with a set to point out whats going wrong in your area.

If there is no competent steward, then train to be one and read the contract forward and backwards. To be the man, you have to beat the man !!! (at their own game)

23_32_9.gif

PS - Make sure you are fully employed and not in progression or probation

705red

Browncafe Steward
PS - Make sure you are fully employed and not in progression or probation

It does not matter if he/she is in progression there is nothing the company can do like if they were not to have obtained seniority.

Have any of you ever walked down the street and picked up a quarter, dollar bill? Of course you have! But as a package car driver making $28.55 an hour you will walk right past a sup working which would pay you $57.10 an hour. Now which will put more free money in your pocket? Picking up nickel and dimes of the floor, or filing to protect you rights and even your job at this time of the year? Everyone is quick to complain about the raises (split) we were giving in this contract, yet you wont file to stop a sup from working which would make up the difference in your lost 35 cents for 6 months within a week!

I refuse to walk past a sup working and allow it, its to the point that they keep track of me in the building and call out my location over the radios. But i still catch them! And i dont file them for myself, i try and spread the double time money around to get more people involved.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It does not matter if he/she is in progression there is nothing the company can do like if they were not to have obtained seniority.

Why would you take the risk of not being hired by UPS. UPS can give any reason not to hire someone under probation.

With your theory, everyone should file a grievance in their first 30 days because than you say you weren't hired because of filing the greivance.

The point is to stick around and file more til they change their ways. Not to file 3 weeks on the job and get his last paycheck the next week.

(unless you want more rehires so the union initiation fee fund doesn't dry up) SLY DOG YOU