Hub seniority vs. company seniority

synystergates

I just had a question about seniority. I was wondering if someone transferred from another hub and had 6 years there and came to my hub how would seniority work? Would this persons seniority carry over and if so could it jeopardize my job? (i.e. layoff or take my pick off job)

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If the transfer was a ful timer & bid into your building from another in the same local, he/she would keep their seniority!!

A

anonymous6

Any transfer should move to the bottom of the seniority list.

depends. in our hub if you bring the work with you ( i.e feeder run ) you keep your original seniority.

if the work does not follow you , you go to the bottom of the job bid list but keep your hire date for all other benefits .

synystergates

I was confused because last week the seniority list was posted for the dates to come in and set up vacation. This persons name was toward the top 1/4th of the list. So I was thinking to myself if this list is the "real" seniority list or just for choosing vacation dates.

A

anonymous6

I was confused because last week the seniority list was posted for the dates to come in and set up vacation. This persons name was toward the top 1/4th of the list. So I was thinking to myself if this list is the "real" seniority list or just for choosing vacation dates.

vacation dates are chosen according to "hub" seniority. that's how we do it anyway.