Hurricane Matthew!!

Faceplanted

With days of warnings.........you should be out of there. That picture of some guy swimming in the surf is crazy. The guy has to be suicidal.

With earthquakes, there's no warnings.

Things can be replaced....people can't. Don't be all macho about the warnings.......follow the evacuation instructions.
Everybody supposed to be off the roads by 5.

Ups doesn't seem to think that applies to us. Hard to follow prep instructions when the company doesn't care

Oh Shoot

GET OUT ...LISTEN to the emergency advice...Evacuate if you live in areas that will be affected by
Hurricane Mathew! I've witnessed the kind of devastation these storms can bring during Hugo in Charlestown, Folly Beach, and the storm surge in McClellanville. THIS storm (at the present time)
is stronger than Hugo was when it made landfall in SC. What amplified the severity was the fact that it made landfall precisely during high tide. This could happen again if it's present rate of travel is stalled. I could care less if your house is rated for a Class V...How long can you hold your breath under water .... Storm surge is nothing to mess with folks. IF you don't care about yourself.. THINK about the emergency, first responders, LEO folks who will have to risk THEIR lives to rescue YOU...Think about your family and loved ones who will be worried sick about your welfare ....

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
GET OUT ...LISTEN to the emergency advice...Evacuate if you live in areas that will be affected by
Hurricane Mathew! I've witnessed the kind of devastation these storms can bring during Hugo in Charlestown, Folly Beach, and the storm surge in McClellanville. THIS storm (at the present time)
is stronger than Hugo was when it made landfall in SC. What amplified the severity was the fact that it made landfall precisely during high tide. This could happen again if it's present rate of travel is stalled. I could care less if your house is rated for a Class V...How long can you hold your breath under water .... Storm surge is nothing to mess with folks. IF you don't care about yourself.. THINK about the emergency, first responders, LEO folks who will have to risk THEIR lives to rescue YOU...Think about your family and loved ones who will be worried sick about your welfare ....
Jim Cantore, is that you?

watdaflock?

at201614.gif

Faceplanted

I must say a big thanks to ups. They called us in very early and gave us plenty of time to prep. I had the chance to help some neighbors try to move jet skis, move and store classic/rare cars that don't currently run into garages and other very valuable items as well as get my house 100% situated.

Never though it would happen, an honest thanks to corporate for making the right decision. This :censored2: is coming. It's amazing that I had to tell 30-50 percent of my neighbors to take in their garbage , take down metal for sale signs, and help take down basketball hoops that would be kites. People don't understand how bad it's about to get

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I must say a big thanks to ups. They called us in very early and gave us plenty of time to prep. I had the chance to help some neighbors try to move jet skis, move and store classic/rare cars into garages and other very valuable items as well as get my house 100% situated.

Never though it would happen, an honest thanks to corporate for making the right decision.

Good that you're situated brother. I think Atlanta didn't want to take a liability chance.

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
the constitution doesn't exist any more

Shut down the whole city of Boston to catch 2 bad guys..... ya ok

Side note, business as usual in central Florida today for ups.... everybody else is either closed or closing at lunch
I delivered that day in Boston. MGT told us to be careful. Had many customers who refused to answer their door. And the ones who did were saying "Why are working"

Faceplanted

I delivered that day in Boston. MGT told us to be careful. Had many customers who refused to answer their door. And the ones who did were saying "Why are working"
2 bad guys can't scare me enough to Lock my self in my house or allow unlawful searches for my "safety"

But this is the new America where we have no problem sacrificing constitutional rights for fake security.

clean hairy

And yet, Customers will be complaining "there was just rain and wind! The Hurricane was not due till Friday!
Since when do they no longer deliver in wind and rain??
I had important items that I did not get as promised!"
Just wait, bound to be some knuckleheads posting that kind of garbage!

wayfair

swollen member
2 bad guys can't scare me enough to Lock my self in my house or allow unlawful searches for my "safety"

But this is the new America where we have no problem sacrificing constitutional rights for fake security.

Those Boston/MA gun laws are really good for community though

guyinthebrownbox

Got a buddy that works at Jax hub. They shut down Thursday evening. No sorts running till Sunday. Not sure about package but they told their feeder guys starting Thursday after noon and later to stay home