hurricane

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by moreluck, Aug 29, 2008.

1. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

If you live in the areas that might get hit and you are told to evacuate and you don't.....I will not feel sorry for you :censored2: !!

Be Safe !!

2. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

Bad timing as far as the RNC.....maybe they will shorten all the hoopla an have an excuse for Bush and Chaney not to represent. Boy, wouldn't that be a relief to my republican friends:peaceful:

Memories of Katrina are still fresh, hopefully all will take precautions and get out of Dodge. Many of the Nat'l guardsman deployed in Louisiana, just got home from the middle east and now they have to deal with this. Good luck to everybody's safety and property and hopefully the oil rigs only sustain minimal damage.

3. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

They already announced this morning that Bush & Cheney won't be attending the convention ( at least not when they were scheduled).

The hurricane is moving in a little quicker than they first thought and looking at early Mon. morning for making landfall.

It appears that much more is being done in advance of this storm instead of just afterwards.

4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

My first thought as well. With Palin on the ticket, Bush/Cheney are nothing but dead weight.
    McCain has probably voted against Bush more than any other Republican in Congress and there's So. Carolina in 2000 ... McCain doesn't like or need Bush.
    McCain has been on target in what has worked in the Iraq war...he does not need Bush there to bring back memories of what did not work.

5. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

It sure looks like people are actually moving this time, instead of waiting to be rescued.
    I like the "on your own approach"
    Prayers for all who have to live through this, and hope they dont lose what they have.