Hurricane

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Down the Jersey shore now picking up my grandson my daughter and son in law on duty round the clock all weekend.They are asking people to leave the (Absecon ) island and a lot are not cooperating.National Guard has been activated.

over9five

Staff member
They told us today to call before coming to work Sunday and Monday. Still supposed to be 70mph winds as it passes thru Mass. I do NOT want to be out driving a TT.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Get out.
Help shut ins leave.
If you have a dog carrier - just sitting around ---- donate it to a rescue organization.

If this is becomes - deadly - remember you work for UPS and WE will be there to help each other.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The problem comes when people do not take the warnings seriously or ignore evacuation orders and then expect to be able to pick up the phone and call 911 and ask for help. I think it is in NC where the authorities told people who decide to stay put that they will not be able to receive any help whatsoever.

I will be on the western fringe of the storm as it passes through New England late Sunday afternoon in to Monday morning and expect a lot of wind and rain.

I think the timing of the storm will make for a very interesting Monday and Tuesday.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The problem comes when people do not take the warnings seriously or ignore evacuation orders and then expect to be able to pick up the phone and call 911 and ask for help. I think it is in NC where the authorities told people who decide to stay put that they will not be able to receive any help whatsoever.

I will be on the western fringe of the storm as it passes through New England late Sunday afternoon in to Monday morning and expect a lot of wind and rain.

I think the timing of the storm will make for a very interesting Monday and Tuesday.

Sounds like you'll be stuck indoors for the weekend. That's a good time to catch up on things....like getting that week's pay all ready to mail to me in CA.

whiskey

I bought a Husqvarna chain saw. But the storm surge in RI coinciding with a new moon will make it tough on the fishing boats in Galilee.

Go outside and keep us updated....thanks

klein

Für Meno :)
And we are officially on a one day lay-off for Sunday.

Too bad it had to be the weekend, eh ?

But, all fun aside, terrible news. Looks like Manhatten could be flooded :(
Hope it's not as bad as some forcasters say I might could get !

Good luck all, and stay safe.
Probably some of you won't even have internet access for a while, but, like I said, lets all hope it won't be as bad.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Actually, the weekend is the best time for something like this.........people won't be stuck in office bldgs. and traffic and they can do what they need to do to try and protect their homes....or evacuate their family without missing work.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
A sobering message in Cape May County NJ.....
About 80 percent of Cape May County's population lives in the area potentially affected by hurricane Irene. That's why officials are telling everyone to get out.
And if they don't, here was the harsh message from the county's director of emergency management, Frank McCall.
"If they don't go, OK, what we like for them is to take a 3-by-5 card with an indelible-ink pen write their name, their address, their Social Security number, the next of kin and the telephone number of the next of kin, put it in their left shoe, don't wear flip-flops or loafers, put it in a tied shoe so we know how to identify you," McCall said.