Hurricane

P

pickup

I know, but this is Massachusetts. The weather weinees here blow any storm so out of proportion.....

Like they are now. We'll get rain and wind. Big deal.

I hope you are not trying to push the storm into Jersey because I am trying to push it into Mass. No offense.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont envy ya Ovah, Ive been stuck with a house for 14 yrs. It wont sell, I put a bunch of money in it, then the housing market took a crap. Now it appraises for what I owed 25 yrs ago.Hope you fare better.................

over9five

Staff member
I dont envy ya Ovah, Ive been stuck with a house for 14 yrs. It wont sell, I put a bunch of money in it, then the housing market took a crap. Now it appraises for what I owed 25 yrs ago.Hope you fare better.................

Believe me, I didn't get what I wanted for it.

DS

Fenderbender
Sorry, I think that guy is an ass. He's mad because he's the government and he thinks he owns us. He thinks we all should OBEY.
The residents should be free to stay if they want to, but I don't think anyone should be at risk rescuing them if they need it.
He is probably a former Canadian politician,no doubt,a Liberal.If the people wont do as we ask,they can all fuddle duddle.

upsgrunt

OK, here's some hurricane madness for ya:

My buyers had their loan approved today. It is a USDA farm loan. The closing was going to be the 31st.

Not anymore.......

Any government loan closing this week on a property in the path of the hurricane has to be re-appraised after the hurricane passes.

**^(*&$%$$%*&*

A USDA farm loan on an owner occupied, residential home?
How the hell did they swing that?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Well I'm headed down to Cape Cod to ride out the storm. The last hurricane was Bob, although this one may be more like Floyd or Bertha. Hurricane Bob was a small but very strong hurricane on Cape Cod. We had winds over 110mph as well as 8-15ft storm surges in the area. If you take a standard wind measurement of half of that (55mph), due to physical mass and accel it is only 1/4 as powerful. I don't expect to be blocked in fully by downed trees like in 1991.

Overall I don't expect a hurricane, maybe a strong Tropical Storm. 60mph. Should be a good ride and I'll hopefully get a few HD videos of the ocean as well as wind.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have a sinking feeling that they got this one right.
The public will cry foul, but I don't see the public flocking towards Atmospheric science degrees to help progress anything. Tropical cyclones are by far one of the least understood pheneomonas on the planet, forecasting intensity is literally at times, an unknown.

It's just my guess that the extremely hot, dry air that has been manifesting over the south central U.S. since basically May caused interruptions in the storms core. The low and mid level flow was backed westerly then southwesterly right into Irenes core from source regions such as GA/MS/AL/FL, that was a kiss of death.

[video]http://weather.unisys.com/satellite/sat_wv.php?inv=0&t=l12&region=us[/video]

over9five

Staff member
A USDA farm loan on an owner occupied, residential home?
How the hell did they swing that?

I know nothing about those loans, so I can't answer that. My realtor told me that low income buyers could get that in my area.

Maybe the amount of land? But it's all forest, certainly not farmland. I suppose with a chainsaw it could be.....

over9five

Staff member
Well I'm headed down to Cape Cod to ride out the storm. The last hurricane was Bob, although this one may be more like Floyd or Bertha. Hurricane Bob was a small but very strong hurricane on Cape Cod. We had winds over 110mph as well as 8-15ft storm surges in the area. If you take a standard wind measurement of half of that (55mph), due to physical mass and accel it is only 1/4 as powerful. I don't expect to be blocked in fully by downed trees like in 1991.

Overall I don't expect a hurricane, maybe a strong Tropical Storm. 60mph. Should be a good ride and I'll hopefully get a few HD videos of the ocean as well as wind.

Was Bob 1991? I remember being the last vehicle off the Cape one time as a hurricane bore down on us. They closed the bridges right after I passed over. Was before '91 tho. Must not have been Bob.

If it`s any consolation on my way to work last night there were 40+ electrical boom trucks and support equipment convoying east in anticipation of helping you guys out.......and earning beau coup overtime.