Hurt at work. Contacted by nurse ?

GameCockFan

This company nurse protects the companies interest, not yours. Some guys I know have had issues with the company nurse. Return the call, but don't volunteer any unneeded information. Everything goes directly back to UPS.

Brisket

Always see your personal doc, that way YOU are protected!

Screw the company, they don't give a rats:censored2: about you!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Get a attorney, the scumbag co nurse will dissaper

Our district nurse was anything but a scumbag. Yes, she was there to protect the company's interests, but she also had our interests at heart. I never had the opportunity to work with her but my co-workers who did said that she was firm but fair.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You are entitled to a second opinion after you see the company doctor.
I think that varies by local...in my local, we have the right to choose our own doctor following an injury. The only thing they can require is in order to return to full duty....I have to be cleared by their doctor.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Good luck with that!

th
I'd hit it !!!

wilberforce15

Seeing your own doctor should not be seen as a second opinion. It is your first opinion.

Any doctor being paid by the employer is simply not a doctor. He's management with an MD. For him to treat you fairly, honestly, or with your genuine best interest at heart would be to do exactly the opposite of what he is paid for.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Seeing your own doctor should not be seen as a second opinion. It is your first opinion.

Any doctor being paid by the employer is simply not a doctor. He's management with an MD. For him to treat you fairly, honestly, or with your genuine best interest at heart would be to do exactly the opposite of what he is paid for.

So that "doctor oath" is not worth the paper it is written on?

wilberforce15

So that "doctor oath" is not worth the paper it is written on?

That's a slight overstatement...but only a very slight overstatement.

Giving or recommending proper treatment, including recommending proper rest, healing, therapy, accommodations, or permanent solutions (as opposed to temporary patches) will have UPS finding another doctor in short order. His job is to help save money for UPS/LM.

That doctor's paycheck depends on how happy UPS is with him. UPS wants small bills and the employee back to work or quitting.

I'll ask you a similar question: You think the name on the check that pays him is meaningless?