Hurt on job - Future not too bright (Non-Support Discussion)

Integrity

Binge Poster
I had a sup lose a leg inside the building back in the 80's .
And a nearby building's driver had a runaway which he ran to catch the PC , jumping into the driver's side & his leg got smashed by a telephone pole .
Baba gounj,

How did the sup lose his leg inside the building?

Sincerely,
I

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I had a sup lose a leg inside the building back in the 80's .
And a nearby building's driver had a runaway which he ran to catch the PC , jumping into the driver's side & his leg got smashed by a telephone pole .

Ouch!

The sup that lost his arm was a feeder driver and his arm was outside the window. Somehow, it got clipped. After that, he went into management.

mreed171

Hope the company takes care of the driver better than what they have done for me. I was hit head on by a drunk driver and messed both legs up. They approved surgery for my left leg. Then when I was ready to have the right leg fixed they denied surgery. Been off since September finally got a court date to get them to fix my right leg so I can get back to work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hope the company takes care of the driver better than what they have done for me. I was hit head on by a drunk driver and messed both legs up. They approved surgery for my left leg. Then when I was ready to have the right leg fixed they denied surgery. Been off since September finally got a court date to get them to fix my right leg so I can get back to work.

I find this awfully hard to believe.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If I am at the rear of the car loading or unloading packages, I do everything in my power to avoid having my back turned to oncoming traffic.

If possible, I load up the hand cart inside the car and slide it off the back bumper, so that if I get rear-ended I am up off the ground with the bumper between me and the offending car.

I once had a sup write me up on an OJS for doing it that way. That piece of paper might still be in a filing cabinet somewhere. Oh well.

Rainman

Its all good.
Everyone wants the best for the man who has lost his leg. But the fact remains that he will need future income and benefits, so speculation regarding insurance settlement, lawsuits, ect is perfectly acceptable. These things will supply his future needs. Nothing wrong discussing that. Maybe he will come on here and read the comments and gain some ideas from us on the best course of action for him and his family.