Hurt on the Job - Harassment

useyourloadstand

I hurt my back while loading a trailer at the start of may. The doctor said it was work related and I've been dealing with liberty mutual and UPS's doctor. My time on TAW has been over 30 days doctor still hasn't cleared me and i won't see him for a few more weeks.

I've been on restrictions and employee's refer to me as a piece of :censored2: slacker, when I'm just trying to heal back to where i was many of them talk :censored2: behind my back. Don't really give a :censored2: about that because that's typical. But I've heard a supervisor talking about my injury to other employee's and spreading word that i'm not really injured. Anyway to grieve this as it violates HIPAA privacy?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Don't ask me. Ups's doctor put on restrictions . They keep me way over 3.5 everyday. Maybe because i'm PTD? lawyer time?
So you are on light duty for more than 30 days AND you are getting more than the minimum number of hours that they have to give every day and you are upset to the point that you want a lawyer to sue UPS? Really

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

what? who said anything about suing ups haha that would be dumb as hell and a waste of money . I'm talking about getting a WC lawyer

Don't you have to be on comp before you can hire a comp lawyer?

You should consider yourself lucky that they have extended your TAW and are giving you more than your daily minimum.

useyourloadstand

Well I am i make a certain amount of money every week no matter if I work or not from liberty mutual. Then they have me working on light duty not doing my normal job (temporary alt work), so it sure feels like I'm on workman's comp and TAW?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well I am i make a certain amount of money every week no matter if I work or not from liberty mutual. Then they have me working on light duty not doing my normal job (temporary alt work), so it sure feels like I'm on workman's comp and TAW?

You cannot receive worker's compensation benefits and wages from your employer at the same time. If we could we all would be doing it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i work TAW send them what i make for the week and they make up the difference I do not get paid double. Thanks for the help, but i will look elsewhere

So they are reducing your comp payment? You didn't say that before. Yes, they can do that, but really you are much better off sitting at home collecting full comp payments rather than risking further injury by trying to work through your injury.

useyourloadstand

Yeah i dont understand why the doctor is insisting i work if i'm on WC. I want to stay home and heal, but the doctor insists it will heal on it's own and it's not. Guess i will go in for a 2nd doctor opinion. thanks for help

Returntosender

Request your medical records of the injury diagnosis from the UPS doctor. Get a second opinion, see if it matches UPS doctors notrs? If it's different after UPS doctor for misdiagnosis/malpractice.

El Correcto

god is dead
Yeah i dont understand why the doctor is insisting i work if i'm on WC. I want to stay home and heal, but the doctor insists it will heal on it's own and it's not. Guess i will go in for a 2nd doctor opinion. thanks for help
Because you are going to ups Doctor..... His only prescribe remedy is more work.