Hurt on the Job - Harassment

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by useyourloadstand, Jun 23, 2016.

1. useyourloadstand

useyourloadstand New Member

I hurt my back while loading a trailer at the start of may. The doctor said it was work related and I've been dealing with liberty mutual and UPS's doctor. My time on TAW has been over 30 days doctor still hasn't cleared me and i won't see him for a few more weeks.

I've been on restrictions and employee's refer to me as a piece of :censored2: slacker, when I'm just trying to heal back to where i was many of them talk :censored2: behind my back. Don't really give a :censored2: about that because that's typical. But I've heard a supervisor talking about my injury to other employee's and spreading word that i'm not really injured. Anyway to grieve this as it violates HIPAA privacy?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

If your TAW has exceeded 30 days, why are you not out on comp?

3. useyourloadstand

Don't ask me. Ups's doctor put on restrictions . They keep me way over 3.5 everyday. Maybe because i'm PTD? lawyer time?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  4. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

So you are on light duty for more than 30 days AND you are getting more than the minimum number of hours that they have to give every day and you are upset to the point that you want a lawyer to sue UPS? Really

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  5. useyourloadstand

what? who said anything about suing ups haha that would be dumb as hell and a waste of money . I'm talking about getting a WC lawyer

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Don't you have to be on comp before you can hire a comp lawyer?

You should consider yourself lucky that they have extended your TAW and are giving you more than your daily minimum.

7. useyourloadstand

I'm on workman's comp

8. UpstateNYUPSer

You cannot be on comp and TAW at the same time.

9. useyourloadstand

Well I am i make a certain amount of money every week no matter if I work or not from liberty mutual. Then they have me working on light duty not doing my normal job (temporary alt work), so it sure feels like I'm on workman's comp and TAW?

10. UpstateNYUPSer

You cannot receive worker's compensation benefits and wages from your employer at the same time. If we could we all would be doing it.

11. useyourloadstand

i work TAW send them what i make for the week and they make up the difference I do not get paid double. Thanks for the help, but i will look elsewhere

12. UpstateNYUPSer

So they are reducing your comp payment? You didn't say that before. Yes, they can do that, but really you are much better off sitting at home collecting full comp payments rather than risking further injury by trying to work through your injury.

13. useyourloadstand

Yeah i dont understand why the doctor is insisting i work if i'm on WC. I want to stay home and heal, but the doctor insists it will heal on it's own and it's not. Guess i will go in for a 2nd doctor opinion. thanks for help

14. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Where exactly is the HIPAA policy in the contract book? That would evolve a lawyer against UPS, not your BA.

15. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

Retain counsel. You can make a small fortune if you can prove it in court.

16. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

Yes, get a attorney

17. UpstateNYUPSer

At this point an attorney is not necessary.

He needs to get his work restrictions more clearly defined with a second medical opinion.

18. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Request your medical records of the injury diagnosis from the UPS doctor. Get a second opinion, see if it matches UPS doctors notrs? If it's different after UPS doctor for misdiagnosis/malpractice.

19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

HIPAA protects doctors and other medical professionals, not your supervisor and coworkers for talking crap on you.

20. Because you are going to ups Doctor..... His only prescribe remedy is more work.