husband terminated...advice please.

jes13r

It was two stops and he said he knows the work patterns of the residents (small town and been on the route for over a year.)

And no, not that any of this matters at all, because he still did something wrong when he knew better. I'm just hoping that this one mistake won't affect our whole family permanently.

UPSGUY72

It was just dish network boxes. As far as I know the ones that dish sends to the customer and they're supposed to put hardware in and send back.

It wasn't the box. If it was the box he would have delivered it. It was a call tag ( label ) that he was suppose stop at the house and pick up a package then attach the label to that package. He didn't because he knows like most driver know the packages are hardly ever ready to go or the person has moved and usually the empty box you dropped off weeks ago is still sitting there empty.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
It was two stops and he said he knows the work patterns of the residents (small town and been on the route for over a year.)

And no, not that any of this matters at all, because he still did something wrong when he knew better. I'm just hoping that this one mistake won't affect our whole family permanently.

A call tag is no different than a delivery; the attempt must be made.

jes13r

I think we're all in agreement that on this one particular day my husband was too lazy to do his job correctly and was punished accordingly....

The only reason for the thread was to see what to expect at a panel.

Thanks for the replies.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I think we're all in agreement that on this one particular day my husband was too lazy to do his job correctly and was punished accordingly....

Thanks for the replies.

It will be a mercy hearing......
I sincerely hopes that he gets his job back.

UPSGUY72

Thanks for the replies.

Hopefully things work out in your husbands favor. Good luck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for the replies.

Before you leave, please take my advice seriously.

He needs to find a temp job.

He does not need to go to the hearing.

He will get his job back.

Good luck.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Especially for a call tag. A next day air would be a different story, especially after UPS paid that 25 million dollar fine.

Even still, we had a maroon in our center "playing games" to make his airs on time. He was caught, it went to panel, and he got a few days unpaid vacation.

@jes13r, if your husband has a clean record, they will likely show him some leniency. If he keeps his job, it's important that he does it exactly as he's supposed to. No cutting corners, work as directed at all times. Management obviously won't acknowledge it, but he is going to have a target on his back for quite some time. Good luck.

Even still, we had a maroon in our center "playing games" to make his airs on time. He was caught, it went to panel, and he got a few days unpaid vacation.

@jes13r, if your husband has a clean record, they will likely show him some leniency. If he keeps his job, it's important that he does it exactly as he's supposed to. No cutting corners, work as directed at all times. Management obviously won't acknowledge it, but he is going to have a target on his back for quite some time. Good luck.
It's ashame this has what this job has come to. Especially after all those years that wanted us to lie.

jes13r

It's a 7 hour drive. Not sure why they'd spend 1 night in a hotel.

Spend $200 on a trip or lose a 100ka year job.

Yeah those jobs are a dime a dozen. Why bother.
I understand the importance of being there, but I'm not sure how we would avoid a hotel...drive 7 hours to be there at 8am and then home another 7 hours after 5 pm?

It would help if he was given a specific day, but instead told anytime between Sept 22 and Sept 24th.