Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate

oldngray

nowhere special
beerthirty.jpeg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Last year we had an employee collapse right after returning to the building. Management got him into the office and tried giving fluids for 90 minutes before finally giving in and taking him to the hospital.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Last year we had an employee collapse right after returning to the building. Management got him into the office and tried giving fluids for 90 minutes before finally giving in and taking him to the hospital.
Anytime anyone passes out...sups call 911 right away...while yelling at everyone to not touch him...and get back to work. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They treat the employee like a hazmat spill?
Lmao...pretty much. A few summers ago, a newbie passed out half in and half out his truck. The sup told another to load passed out guy's trucks while they waited for the ambulance....he literally had to step over him to get into the truck....lol

working up a sweat

A few weeks ago I was loading a trailer. The PT sup tells me to go from bay 31 to bay 30.

It was hot and my shirt was soaked front and back with sweat. I am dripping sweat down my face (hence my handle here).

Instead of going to bay 30 I walked toward the drinking fountain(about 150 away from the belt). The PT sup was chasing me and yelled "Where are you going".

I walked by all 3 FT sups on the way,who were talking to each other and told them I need some water. They saw that I was soaked in sweat.

So I got my drink of water. On the way back they handed me a bottle of water they pulled out of a nearby cooler. They chastized the PT sup saying that I needed some water.

She apologized to me later about that.

The next night while I was walking in, 2 of FT sups met me and DOK'ed me. I answered all the questions right and they handed me a 1 quart UPS water bottle with a wide opening.

There is an ice machine in our hub, I fill it up with ice and add some water. It keeps the water cold for 90 minutes.

It works out good for me and management. I don't have take frequent walks to the water fountain. I don't have to leave my work area while my extendo gets jammed up while I'm gone. Just take a few swigs from the bottle and put it again'st my head to cool me down.