Hypnosis and mind control in our workplace?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Maybe you can open for Brother Collins comedy night, but if you're singing I'll be wearing the buds.
I've been on the "Team" a long time my friend, not sure why you question that.
The CS H&W plan was "rebranded" TeamCare in 2011, so that conspiracy is blown apart. Indeed the inappropriate connection to CS Pension was considered. The C-6 plan is the best offering in the multiple coverage levels available. Anyone under C-6 knew they had a quality plan. Most are very appreciative of the coverage.
Wow!!!
Somebody is getting upset?
First I'm Superbubble, now part of a Vaudeville act?
You're usually above all that.
I'm a bit suprised, but no worries.
Maybe I'll call you Inthegamefornow?

I don't know who you are, where you've been or where you come from, so I'm not sure how I excluded you from any "Team"?
I no longer enjoy the anonymity that you do on this site, under my original and only screen name.
That wasn't my choice, but continuing to post under that same name is.
I would trade places with you if I could.

As far as the "rebranding", that theory is still very much in play.
Contract negotiations and their planning is and should be an ongoing process that never stops.
So to dismiss the possibility that this name change wasn't part of the grand plan because it happened in 2011 is ludicrous.

Being a steward and being active in my local, I have heard numerous elected local officials complain about the C6 plan that they were enrolled in while in office.
Many of the same limitations and shortcomings they complained about for the last decade are now surfacing amongst my co-workers.
I guess it's a matter of frame of reference.
One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We are after all part of a teamsters union that's over one million strong. Largest union in the United States. I tend to think of all the members.
So do I, but posting about how YRC drivers are getting screwed by numerous concessions doesn't seem prudent while posting here on The Brown Cafe, a forum for UPser's.

Last edited:

hardball88

get'r done
And you know those vast thousands voted no only because of the C-6 plan? That's a stretch by any measure. A minority of members voted "no" to the offered contract for a variety of reasons. You must have missed the FACT that more thousands voted "yes". How are those straws tasting?
Oh dear, how will I survive with the omniscient hardball88 chastising me. Oh the shame...
Thanks for your concern over my credibility, it's right where its always been.
It sure is.
Two whole regions voted in the NATIONAL without getting TeamCare. A mere 3000 or so pushed it thru. C6 sucks compared to what we were used to. Tell the whole story or don't waste our time.

hardball88

get'r done
Entitled? Let's remember that solidarity keeps a union strong. Not the leadership. Without us hourlies standing together the whole thing crumbles.
That's the tail? No, it's the whole body "wagging the dog". Arrogance abounds.

hardball88

get'r done
So do you think they feel bad for us??
Their jobs don't even compare to our jobs in the realm of energy expended or mental stress. I've worked many different manual labor jobs (foundry, chrome plating, otr long haul, DSD routes) but I lost 18 lbs in 30 days when I got hired into UPS and I was in great physical condition before I started.

Their jobs don't even compare to our jobs in the realm of energy expended or mental stress. I've worked many different manual labor jobs (foundry, chrome plating, otr long haul, DSD routes) but I lost 18 lbs in 30 days when I got hired into UPS and I was in great physical condition before I started.
So we're better than they are??

Entitled? Let's remember that solidarity keeps a union strong. Not the leadership. Without us hourlies standing together the whole thing crumbles.
That's the tail? No, it's the whole body "wagging the dog". Arrogance abounds.
so are you saying upsers stand together? At what percentage? 17%

hardball88

get'r done
So we're better than they are??
Who said that? Can we not gravitate off subject to try to evade the point I was making from my personal experience. We work A LOT harder than most dock, warehouse, and any delivery company employee I've ever seen. Are you then saying that people working harder jobs shouldn't be compensated better? If I'm more productive I truly believe I should be compensated better for that. Do you not agree? Can just anyone make the grade as a UPS driver? I've seen more fail than I can count and some would never even try because they don't want the stress and long hours sacrificing family time. We're not better than anyone but we are greatly respected by many because of our strong work ethics.
so are you saying upsers stand together? At what percentage? 17%
Can't even guess at a percentage. Probably wouldn't want to know. It's disheartening and the infighting often is because of really poor communication. I believe in our strong allegiances as hourlies but it's not what it used to be. RTW will show what we're made of. It's showtime for unions. People better listen and communicate to each other.

Last edited:

Irishman Collins

Las Vegas is waiting for your stand up act. As in too many of your posts, you have gone "round the bend". Not only do you have zero chance of knowing my identity, you've completely missed on how H&W plans work. I'm not going to repeat myself, but to say Taft Hartley, NON PROFIT, H&W Plans are pay as you go with the leftover building reserves. Negotiated contributions come in, claim payments go out. As long as contributions are sufficient, the plan survives indefinitely. TeamCare was growing reserve WITHOUT the infusion of new UPS members. Even if your assumption is accurate that participation is lessening, that simply means claims are also lessening. Again Brother Collins, H&W's don't have continuing obligations like pensions do.
Let me know when you open in Vegas, you'll be a hit...
Again, when the number of participants decreases in a non profit Taft Hartley plan, the surplus of money also decreases therefore there is less money for claims for retirees and working Teamsters. Another example, if your retirees start to greatly outnumber your working participants then the plan is paying out more claims for retirees and taking less in from younger healthier participants who in most cases have years to go before going on maintenance meds, etc. The bottom line is simple no new participants and the plan begins a slow decline and eventually it is paying out more than it is taking in.

Irishman Collins

Again, when the number of participants decreases in a non profit Taft Hartley plan, the surplus of money also decreases therefore there is less money for claims for retirees and working Teamsters. Another example, if your retirees start to greatly outnumber your working participants then the plan is paying out more claims for retirees and taking less in from younger healthier participants who in most cases have years to go before going on maintenance meds, etc. The bottom line is simple, no new participants and the plan begins a slow decline and eventually it is paying out more than it is taking in.

Inthegame

Again, when the number of participants decreases in a non profit Taft Hartley plan, the surplus of money also decreases therefore there is less money for claims for retirees and working Teamsters. Another example, if your retirees start to greatly outnumber your working participants then the plan is paying out more claims for retirees and taking less in from younger healthier participants who in most cases have years to go before going on maintenance meds, etc. The bottom line is simple no new participants and the plan begins a slow decline and eventually it is paying out more than it is taking in.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Just remember this when you're at the next PCM, aka Kindergarten class, being barked at by strange people called management

;)

Too bad this thread went downhill so quickly and throughout