Hypnosis and mind control in our workplace?

10 point

So we should force companies to rewrite policy based on a few unique circumstances?
Why do you talk about issues that you have no facts to back up?

"A few" is an outright supposition that you have absolutely no facts to back up and never will due to privacy laws.

And frankly, it's none of your business.

Many grandchildren are cared for (even temporarily) by grandparents. I worked with the court system locally and have seen many grandparents given long term custody of their grandchildren.

Is everything in life compared to your standards and subject to your wisdom?

Let's be considerate of other's plight.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My posts are based upon my life experiences. Perhaps I have led a sheltered life but I have never had to deal with people who have lost custody of their children due to their own stupid and selfish decisions.

moreluck

golden ticket member
'Stupid & selfish decisions' can sometimes be reversed, thanks to groups like A.A. and N.A. and grandparents.
Some can't be reversed.
If you never dealt with anything like that, you're blessed.

10 point

My posts are based upon my life experiences. Perhaps I have led a sheltered life but I have never had to deal with people who have lost custody of their children due to their own stupid and selfish decisions.
There's A LOT of pain out there.

I remember when one "dad" got out of prison and beat his ten yr old son to death with a pipe wrench...at his birthday party.

Yeah. God bless grandparents.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So we should force companies to rewrite policy based on a few unique circumstances?
Rewrite what policy?
The policies are already in place.

Our dependants are covered under our benefits, both while actively working and in retirement.
The criteria that determines a dependent is also already in place.
We were discussing the ramifications of an increasing retiree base in conjunction with a decreasing active participant level.
You're falling further and further behind here Dave.
Perhaps it is time for one of your famous "whatever's"?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Again Dave, think past your nose.
What about the grandparents who have custody due to an untimely death of their child?
Is this always a case of stupid and selfish decisions?
In your ignorance and haste to be right, you have again rushed past several scenarios.

Why do you talk about issues that you have no facts to back up?

"A few" is an outright supposition that you have absolutely no facts to back up and never will due to privacy laws.

And frankly, it's none of your business.

Many grandchildren are cared for (even temporarily) by grandparents. I worked with the court system locally and have seen many grandparents given long term custody of their grandchildren.

Is everything in life compared to your standards and subject to your wisdom?

Let's be considerate of other's plight.
My grandma had custody of me for a little while. It does happen.

10 point

Sorry to be so heavy handed on the reply to that post but my heart goes out to the THOUSANDS of children "pitched" (purposely or not) who are raised by their grandparents who work at ups and other businesses.

I don't just think of money and my Roth. People are more important than money issues. Especially little people.